♯004| 𝐗𝐈𝐀𝐎 • im never letting you go again... | req

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
❝We're getting back together.❞              
└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

❞               └────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

[𝐗𝐈𝐀𝐎]  :  MODERN AU.
REQUEST BY: @nachtfaustwife
i hope u enjoy! <3
─── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ───
Glass houses wouldn't typically be something to play inside of,
especially for one who carries
a bag of stones inside their heart.

A fever dream

A fever dream. That was what it felt like over those weeks where the man you loved unravelled his feelings helplessly before you. No, it wasn't a declaration of his love or some sappy confession. Not at all, when he came knocking at your door in the middle of the night, tears and black eyeliner running down his cheeks, his messy bangs hanging over your eyes. It was something you'd never expect him to need help with; vividly recalling the brief moment that passed between you, before he miserably spat out 3 words that changed the course of your life for the next few weeks: "We broke up."

See, Xiao was never the type of person you'd expect to act so completely helpless with something such as a breakup, especially with the demeanour he held. It seemed impossible. Just from the way he upholded his constant i dont give a shit glare, his half-hooded golden eyes, the tattoos that lined across his arm, piercings, black nails, and rings made him look like nothing would tear him down, certainly not something like this.

Not only did his looks make this side of him nearly inconceivable, but the general cold and uncaring personality he had when it came to most things; anyone outside the few people he knew would count themselves lucky if they got something more than a glare or huff as a response. He was never the type of person to wear such feelings out on his sleeve, it was like he kept his feelings in a tiny, encased glass house that was tended to by him and himself only - where not even the sun dared to peek.

You let him into your arms, distantly aware of the runny eyeliner smearing on your shirt. That night was the start of many weeks where he'd stay in your apartment, slowly becoming more and more miserable with each thought of them, his first love. They were truly something special to him. You could tell that much; it would be painfully obvious, even without the way he talked about them.  They were someone who was there with him from the beginning - he truly cared for and adored them with every part of his heart. It seemed impossible to find someone who truly cared about someone else like that these days, especially when the break-up had seemed to hurt so much, to Xiao nonetheless. There he was, lying on your couch and staring blankly at the wall.