082. Epilogue / After the Storm

Part Three / Epilogue

September 1st, 1998

I'm still getting used to this journaling thing, kind of forget to write in it since last week, but I'm trying my best here. With re enrolling to finish my seventh year at Hogwarts, not actually enjoying my summer vacation and contacting with the Wizarding Committee about honoring the victims of the Battle in the school. I haven't had any time to think.

Well, I visit Constance often. My mind clears whenever I leave earth and go to heaven (it's been three years and I still cannot believe I am saying that sentence). Being half angel really pays off sometimes. I like taking Auntie to see Uncle Ted and Dee on birthdays and holidays, I like to think I'm helping her cope because she just looks happier. Someday I'll take Teddy to see Dee and Remus but when he's old enough.

The nightmares haven't gotten any better since everything, the paranoia of having to look over your shoulder every second is a feeling that takes a while to get over.

I forget Metatron is gone sometimes, because it doesn't feel like they are truly gone, maybe it's just my denial or their ghost coming back to haunt me until the end of my days. The nightmares was the reason I started this therapy in the first place. Auntie thought it'd be good for me and I guess it's been helping but my inconsistency definitely is pushing back this healing process.

I promised to better myself, to practically everyone after we beat them. Me and Harry have been doing it together, along with Hermione but she's been seeing a Muggle therapist and Ron absolutely refuses to, he claims they can use all of the information they gathered on you to manipulate you into staying and spending more money, yet he goes to the arcade in Hogsmeade (spending like five galleons a game) but he spends his money how he wants.

I'm almost running out of page space, so I'll come back tomorrow. Seriously this time, I'm ready to put everything behind me, once and for all. Ok bye Me.

Venus set the journal and pen flat on her lap, waving one last time to her Aunt from inside the Hogwarts Express, waiting for her friends to find her compartment. Three honks followed each other melodically and the usual jittering rolling of the wheels took them out of Kings across Station. Being back on this train felt different, but in the most marvelous way possible. The distant whiff of cinnamon rolls and chocolate filled the halls, and encapsulated the compartments when the doors were opened. Sunlight made the inside of the trains glow honey-like with bright orange tints. The atmosphere was warmer, safer and wholesome. Snowflake hopped onto Venus' lap, rubbing her head into her owners hand, letting out a satisfied purr. She liked that she was a part of the reason things were back to normal, it made sitting in the comfort even more accomplishing.