2. Chapter Two.

Here I was kidnapped and held against my will by the most attractive man I had come across in a very long time. I silently admired his magnificent physique as he freely flexed his muscles without doing absolutely anything.

On the back of his hand and neck, two of the few places on his body where tattoos could be seen with the naked eye, he had a number of ink placements, which were obvious.

I pondered in silence whether my prince charming had actually intervened to save me from becoming the helpless damsel in distress or whether the circumstances had actually been reversed and I was now on the verge of being bought as a slave or held hostage for ransom.

Either way the lather seemed for more likely considering my status here in the country.

I then remembered that I was kidnapped and was about to scream when he quickly interrupted my thoughts by putting a finger over his succulent lips.

"Who are you?" I was surprised to hear him ask.

"W-who am I?" I mumbled his question out of confusion as I was completely taken aback.

Throughout Asentrix, everyone knew me well. How come they weren't able to recognize me? It's possible that he was merely acting though. Otherwise, which was the more likely scenario, they were unquestionably not men from my country.

"I believe that's what I said." He spoke sassily, and I squinted many times, taken aback by his choice of words.

"Well my name is Rena Kravitz." As he had no idea who I was, I lied in the hopes that he would believe me.

Giving away my identity at this point would have be a terrible idea because I would almost certain I would be sold or held for ransom. Hopefully I might be able to find a way out before they figure out who I am.

I didn't leave from one prison where I could freely walk around the palace to be brought to a lesser prison where I'm tied down and held as a slave.

"Rena Kravitz." His tongue slid effortlessly over my fictitious name.

I wonder what my real name would have sounded like coming from his tender lips.....Wait why, exactly, was this on my mind? For crying out loud, I was abducted.

"And what, Rena, were you doing late at night wandering through Bridgeton's dangerous streets?" Queried the intriguing man.

"A-after working a late-night shift at the Lenox Cafe, I umm was on my way home." Once more, I lied.

"I was startled when I heard the sound of a screeching car coming from behind me, which caused me to unintentionally drop my bag and run." I continued.

I was aware that the place where he discovered me was close to a cafe called Lenox.

Before he quietly muttered a "hmm" as if he were considering what I had just said, his eyes remained fixed on me as if he were trying to determine if I had told him the whole truth.

"And are you aware of your purpose for being here?" The handsome man kept questioning me further.

"N-no." I stumbled out, not really wanting to know why I was here because I was so terrified of being used as a slave or sold that I couldn't even fathom it.

"You are here because you witnessed something you shouldn't have, Rena." He spoke to me in a pleasant tone, which caused my hazy recollection of last night to suddenly come to me.

What a heinous thing it could be to attack and hurt a lone man. I pondered whether the poor man was dead by this time.

"Do you now remember?"