6. Chapter Six.

Dimitri

I waited for the man who was chained and bleeding in front of me to tell me the truth as I sat in a chair within the cell, stroking my hands back and forth over my chin.

"I will ask only once again before shooting you in the head." In spite of his bleeding, I spoke to him calmly.

Even though I've been through it many times, the odor coming from him was beyond anything anyone had ever experienced. I made every effort to hold my tongue.

"L-like I told you, I'm on vacation here," He unfortunately lied for the umpteenth time.

I sighed before requesting my guys to get the documents and read it out for him to hear, "Your father is based in the nursing facility of Hatfield in Maryland, your sister lives in the hills sides of Seattle Montana luxury estate with her husband and adorable daughter, while your wife is currently...," My words were abruptly interrupted.

"Wait, wait, wait—please don't hurt them." He made a statement.

"If you foolishly decide to lie to me and refuse to tell me why you followed me and my men, then I cannot guarantee their safety. However, I will uphold my promise not to harm your family if you do tell me the truth." Before quickly shutting my mouth, I asked.

"Will you swear to me that you won't take my life?" He pleaded.

"Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that I won't kill you but I can guarantee not to cause any harm to your family." I addressed him.

"For a while now, my boss David has been keeping an eye on you Vikings. He doesn't necessarily view the mafias you've developed relationships with as allies, therefore the fact that you do makes him feel threatened." He stopped to catch his breath before continuing.

"He had me follow you here so that I could bring back word on your dealings and what you've been up to. He basically wanted to know if your planning some sort of attack on his mafia while he's not." In the end, the man admitted.

"How many of you are there? And are you the only one David has sent?" Pondering for a few seconds evidently thinking before mumbling a yes clearly lying.

"No, there was another as well, but I presume he might have perhaps escaped your hands and has now reported back to David about everything that he might have possibly seen." He indicated to me.

He was unaware that the other was genuinely dead.

"Please don't have me go back there, if my boss finds out that I've disclosed anything to you then he'll more than likely kill me and I have a daughter that depends on me." He implored.

"Your boss is a cunt, as I had already predicted. rather of voicing his inquiry in front of the Vikings mafia family. I'll deal with him, but in the interim, I need you to provide me with some information. My family has sent me here to take care of a little issue, one involving a full container of my father's drugs going missing three weeks ago. Have you heard anything about this, Santiago?" I pressed him.

"N-no." He fumbled, turning aside and trying valiantly to appear cool, but in reality, he looked guilty in every way.

"Fortunately I can tell when you're lying to me, you're breathing has heightened, your eyes are twitching, and you immediately tensed as you heard my inquiry and started weeping once more. Do you find it difficult to remember things, Santiago? Is it that you require assistance to jog your memory?" As his head swayed back and forth, I questioned him.

I motioned to one of my men as I stood up, stepping away from Santiago to make room for one of my men who approached carrying an ECT machine.

"Do you understand what this is? It's an ECT machine; during an ECT, a small amount of electrical current is delivered into the patient's brain while they are under general anesthesia, but we'll skip the anaesthetic for the time being." Before going any farther, I informed him about him.