19. Chapter Nineteen.

Dimitri's Pov

"I believe you have something that belongs to my father." I stated.

"I'm positive that I don't. What gives you the impression that we do?" The leader of the Russian gang questioned.

"I don't like to play games, and all the answers point to you, Viktor. Unless you choose to make things challenging for yourself, it will be difficult for you to conduct business here." I said with composure.

"Is that a threat?" He chuckled.

"It's exactly what it is."

I looked at my phone to see a call from one of the twins before we continued our conversation; if it weren't for them, I would have entirely disregarded the call.

"Excuse me."

"It's Rena, Once Sofia threatened her, she bolted the door. I want to check on her to see whether she's alright, but I can't reach her. She hasn't even had a meal." Nico rambled hastily.

"I'll be there." I hang up.

I knew I had to leave since the door could only be opened from the inside as it was made of steel, and only Rena or I could open it.

"We'll shortly continue this conversation." I made the decision to leave the crucial meeting, which I was sure my father would hurl insults at me for.

As soon as I got into my car, I sped through every red light, followed closely by my men, and arrived at the fully guarded building in forty-five minutes instead of the one hour and thirty minutes it would've initially taken.

I entered the room quickly and noticed that Rena's bathroom was flooded. As soon as I entered the bathroom, there she was sitting in the bathtub, completely drenched, looking paler than usual, and appearing emotionless as she only stared ahead.

I turned off the water then drained the water quickly, took her out of the cold bath so she could stand on her own two feet, and quickly wrapped a towel around her. I did all of this while being careful not to trip and fall.

I lifted her up and brought her to her bed to lay down.

"Rena?" Nico called out from behind me.

I felt her temperature seeing that she was quite cold like ice.

"Have the maid prepare her some soup, and place two of my men behind Rena's door in case Sofia is tempted to act immaturely once more." I ordered Nico.

"Have the doctor brought here Immediately." I ordered my other brother.

She continued to look blankly ahead, shivering uncontrollably, her face alarmingly pale, so I went for a towel to dry her hair. Her face was no longer shaded when she saw me. As this was very different from the typically sweet and vivacious Rena, my heart began to race.

"Fuck!" I cursed seeing her in this unpleasant state.

Her hands cautiously reached out to grab my hand as her eyes suddenly focused on mine. Even though I knew it would be wrong, I fought the impulse to do exactly what my intellect instructed me to.

I questioned what she was really contemplating. Had Sofia truly terrified her to the point where she felt the need to stoop to practically putting herself into a condition of hypothermia?

There was a brief knock on the door before the doctor came inside.

"Il suo corpo sembra essere estremamente freddo e sembra che abbia trascorso molto tempo nella vasca da bagno dove l'ho scoperta con l'acqua piuttosto gelida. Aiutala subito; anche lei sembra essere scioccata." Ho dato al dottore la giustificazione.