26. Chapter Twenty-Six.

As I finished my shower, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease wash over me. I was on edge, consumed by a feeling of uncertainty about what was going to happen next.

Would Dimitri appear at any moment, demanding that I return home? Was he truly avoiding me and if so why? Was it because he was too busy to see me or because he hadn't made up his mind whether to force me into going back home?

Despite my desperate desire to see Dimitri, there was a nagging sense that he was deliberately staying away from my room, perhaps he hadn't made up his mind which meant that maybe I could persuade him.

The day had passed without any word or visit from him, and my heart ached with longing. The silence of my surroundings was oppressive, leaving me feeling isolated and vulnerable.

As the hours ticked by, my desperation to see Dimitri only grew stronger. I longed for his arrogant and comforting presence especially the comfort he provided between my thighs, for the sense of security and comfort that it brought. But he remained elusive, leaving me to face my fears alone.

I groaned, Dimitri had never visited me during the day yet I was here making a fuss of him not seeing me and avoiding me.

It was as if I had been plunged into a world of uncertainty and unpredictability, with no way of knowing what the future held.

Every sound, every movement, set my nerves on edge, leaving me in a state of constant frustration.

I decided not to wait any longer I quickly put on a jacket and head towards his room. The moment I headed outside my door I recognized the two guards that was their which wasn't the twins, maybe the twins were sleeping considering it's now 9pm in the night.

"Dove stai andando! fermati! Non ti è permesso andare da nessuna parte a meno che il capo non lo approvi!"

("Where are you going! stop! Your not allowed to go anywhere unless the boss approves of it!)

I ignored the guards that ran after me and continued speaking in Italian. My mind was simple focused on Dimitri and not running into that Sofia who would probably slit my throat if she saw me entering Dimitri's room.

As the guards chased after me, their shouts echoing in the empty hallways, I paid them no heed. My mind was singularly focused on Dimitri, the only thing that mattered in that moment.

As I raced towards his room, a nagging sense of unease lingered in the back of my mind. Sofia, the notorious murderer, was said to be lurking around the compound, her eyes keen and her blade sharp.

I had no doubt that she would slit my throat without a moment's hesitation if she saw me entering Dimitri's room.

The thought sent a chill down my spine, but I refused to let it deter me. I had come too far to turn back now. I would face Sofia, or any other danger, head on if it meant being with Dimitri although a part of me knew it was because Dimitri would never let her hurt me.

As I rounded the corner and approached his room, my heart was pounding with anticipation and fear. I could only hope that my recklessness would pay off, and that I would finally be reunited with the man I longed for.

I knocked on his door impatiently waiting for him to open it, the two guards that were stationed outside my door now standing with their backs turned to me as if waiting for a threat.

Seconds later the door fell open and there he was in all his glory staring down at me while I stared up at him.

His eyes then darted directly behind me and once I turned to look, my eyes met up with a not so pleased Sofia from the other end of the room staring at us.