57: She's Done It Now

Angel POV

Today is the day where we go to my mom to confront her and I'm nervous, right now Sunghoon's trying to get me to eat but I can't.

"Babe, eat something before we go"

"No, babe, I don't wanna eat"

"Babe,  just eat a little bit"

"Babe, let's just go now. I'm really not hungry right now" He's making me even more nervous and I'm ready to go now so we can get it over with. Eventually he stops badgering me and we go to my car, which I let him drive.

"Do you want me to stay inside or go with you?" Sunghoon asks. "If you want to you can come with me" I say and he nods. The rest of the ride is silent, I was extremely tired because I couldn't sleep last night. Something was keeping me up.

~~~~~

We're at my mom's house and we're just sitting the parking lot looking at the house. I haven't been here in a while, I think it's been a year. Sunghoon grabs my hand softly squeezing it "I'm right here, you'll be okay in the end, no matter what happens" he says before kissing my lips.

In other circumstances I would smile but I just nodded. Then we get out and head to the front door. I go to knock on the door and it opens a little, I grab Sunghoon's hand and walk inside.

"Mom!"

Angel enters the abandoned looking house with Sunghoon trailing close behind her. They stop at the thresh hold as Angel calls for her mom. "Why are we acting like we're in a horror film?" Sunghoon whispers "My mom was the understudy for Chucky's Bride" Angel whispers jokingly despite the atmosphere around them.

Angel calls Talia once more when she appears causing Angel to unconsciously. "Angel? Baby, is that y~" She stops abruptly acknowledging Sunghoon "Why the hell is he in my damn house?!" Sunghoon and Angel flinch and he squeezes her hand in comfort.

"M-mom" she starts in a whisper until she remembers Sunghoon is with her and why she is there. "Mom, Why do you keep spying on me?" Angel asks, this makes Talia smirk as she walks slowly down the stairs "Are you scared, young man?" She laughs. "Don't talk to him! You've done enough, just answer the question"

"Are you yelling at me now?!" She gets to the bottom step and stops "See? Who do you think you are?! Corrupting my daughter?!" She yells at Sunghoon. "Mom, stop! He's only here because you keep following us and invading our privacy! But Whenever I call you, you're never available!" Angel yells in English, finally sick of her mother's nonsense.

"This isn't exactly what I was going for but it'll work" she turns to Sunghoon again "You. Leave now" Sunghoon doesn't leave, he moves closer to Angel, making Angel a bit calmer. "He's not going anywhere. What are you talking about?" Talia's smile shrinks a little.

"I've been spying on you so you would come back and you finally did. You living with in Korea far away from me isn't what you want, you need to come back to me so we can be happy again. You can skate again just like you've always wanted"

Her smile widening as she spoke. Angel's eyes water but she doesn't cry, she can't cry

"Mom, what are you talking about?! I've always done what you wanted, you wanted me to ice skate and quit dance so I did. You wanted me to be multilingual so I was. You've never asked me what I want and I'm so lucky that one good thing came out of it all or else I wouldn't even be here today. If I didn't meet Sunghoon you would've lost me long ago. So I won't let you talk to him any kind of way or separate us or impose upon our life anymore! I've come to tell you to stop invading my privacy, his privacy, stop invading our privacy!"

Angel says ending in silence and it was eating her alive. Sunghoon was shocked, he never knew in depth that Angel was feeling this way. Angel trusts Sunghoon and he was grateful for her trust in him but it also made him sad. The guilt and possibility of him being far away from Angel for anything was now weighing even heavier on him.

He didn't want it to be true but it was, after tomorrow he's leaving for I-Land in 3 weeks. He made up his mind he was going to tell Angel about him being a trainee right when they left.

"Angel... I'll say this once and never again. You... are not... LEAVING ME HERE!!!" After yelling Talia laughs like a crazy person "Do you know how hard it is for me to be here alone?! Don't you love me? Your mother?!"

"I do love you! It was you who never loved me, your only daughter" Angel retorts ignoring the small tears on her cheeks. "Me or the kid? You will choose between us. Now!"

"I choose Sunghoon!" Angel says with no hesitation making her mother falter. "I'll give you~" "I still choose Sunghoon!" Angel say losing some of her adrenaline. Angel had done it, she was sad but it had to be done. She's done it now, she's lost her mother, a mother that never truly loved her daughter's true self.

Talia regains her composure "Fine then. Don't ever talk to me ever again, and especially don't come back to me when this boy! leaves you like you left me" Angel stops to  look back at her mother "What are you talking about?!" She asks. "Not only have I been following you together but also separately as well" 

Sunghoon's eyes widen and she smirks at his reaction. He was being followed this whole time. "Judging by your face... I assume you haven't told her" Angel was tired and wouldn't hear anymore of her mom's nonsense, she took Sunghoon and left her mom's house leaving for the last time. "What was my mom talking about? What haven't you told me?"