60: Advice

Angel POV

Today was the day that me and Heejin were going to the audition with our routine. I was nervous and excited at the same but it was calmed by a familiar face, Daeseong. He quickly came up to us with a group hug. "I missed you guys so much" he says letting us go. "Are you ready? I heard you're performing solo" Heejin claps for him and he bows. "Yeah, I wanna challenge myself" he says with a smirk.

"Well, we know you'll kill it, Daeseong! Fighting!" I tell him and he pumps his fist. "You guys too, you're so talented, they'd be missing real treasures not choosing you guys" he says. "Aww" Heejin and I coo at him and ruffle his hair. "Thank you" I smile at him. "Alright. Stop messing with my hair" we laugh and let go of his mop head.

Sunghoon POV

I feel bad, mom keeps trying to cheer me up but it's not working. I have two weeks until I-Land and even that doesn't amount to anything in comparison with Angel's company. "Mom? Can you stop trying to cheer me up? I appreciate it but I don't want you to tire yourself with me" I asks but she doesn't listen and hugs me instead and the sudden contact makes me cry.

I really miss her and it's only been a week just like last time but this time it was for real.

Was there a second chance?

"Son, you should've listened to me. I told you to tell her" I start to say something but she stops me "I'm not mad at you, I'm just saying, I hate seeing you like this. And I'm sure Angel is struggling as well"  I roll my eyes "doesn't seem like it" she smacks me lightly. "Whether you see it or not. People grieve in different ways" she says.

"Mom? Am I stubborn?" I asks and she nods. "You get it from your dad. He gave me a hard time just like your doing Angel" I sniff as I look at her with my red puffy eyes. "How did you forgive him?" "It took some time but I realized that I really love your dad and that as weirdly as it was he was stubborn out of love" she says.

"How long did it take?" I ask. "4 months" my eyes widen and I want to cry again. "I'm not saying it could take 4 months. Especially since I explained to her how you are already. I realized on my own" my mom says and I give her a tired smile. "So I should give her some time?" I ask and my mom nods. That was cool until it came to how much time I had to wait.

Angel POV

We finished the auditions pretty decently I think and they said they would get back to us in a day or 2 . Heejin was especially jittery after the audition and it was funny. "If keep bouncing your leg like that it's gonna fall off" I laugh at her. "I'm so nervous!" She says and I roll my eyes.

"After the fact you are. How convenient" I say with sarcasm. "You know Angel. I want to be like you" I look at her confused. "Why? What did I do?"

"You're so selfless and mature. You ended your relationship because you didn't want to hold your partner back and you handle the break up so well. You've always put others before yourself, even going around doing dance with me that day even when you didn't want to. I'm glad we became friends Angel. Let's be friends forever!" 

She yells in excitement until she remembers we're on the bus and puts her arms down. I smile at her in her happiness "Okay! We'll be friends forever" I say hoping I could keep my promise this time.

~~~~~

I thought about what Heejin said earlier and I felt bad, I should've corrected her. I didn't just break up with Sunghoon because I didn't want to hold him back for his sake. It was also for my conscious, am I selfish for not holding onto him?

I usually busy myself when I get home to forget about Sunghoon and avoid his memory, am I immature for this? Tonight was different, it was the first time I'd cry about the break up in a week.

I miss Sunghoon so much, a huge part of me wants to just run back to him but I'm afraid he's just going to go back to not communicating with me. I waited so long for him to accept my feelings for him, 5 years, only to lose him in 2 months.

Sunghoon POV

A week later

"Sunghoon! You can't keep acting like this!" Mom says again but I couldn't help it, I wasn't in the mood to do anything. I soon heard voices outside my room before, Sanbin and Haime walk in. "Leave me alone" I turn away from them "I'm not going to do anything today so just leave" I tell them but don't hear any leaving.

"Sunghoon, just give her more time, she'll come around" I roll my eyes. "Yeah! I know no need to remind me, it's been almost 3 weeks" Nobody knew how I felt watching her interact with others and smiling at other people while annoying girls come and ask me out every 5 seconds and I wasn't going to bother explaining it, which is why I want to be alone.

"Look! I don't care about your attitude, you can't just treat us like crap cause you can't handle the consequences! I told you to tell her earlier and did you? No! Now get up and shower, we're going to go outside, you need sunlight straight from the source" Haime says pulling me upward, I stay limp, giving her a hard time until she slaps my arm again.

"Get up!" She yells and I finally give into her. "Why the hell are you even here at my house so early on a Saturday?!" I ask getting out of my bed. "Your mom called, Hyung and said she was worried about you and that we should take you out" Sanbin says and I roll my eyes again. "Out!" I point to the door "I need to dress"