The Next Move

"I'm not going back to any hotel now!" I tell Emilia as we walk along the Seine trying to figure out our next move.

    Emilia retorts," So then what, we are gonna lie down on the street figuring out the clues?" I reply," I have a plan."

    I go to a nearby phone store and quickly go the first seller I can find. The seller greets me," Bienvenue, Qu'est-ce que vous voulez, monsieur et mademoiselle?" I speak up," Un telephone, sil--" Emilia interrupts me in between and says," Un telephone graveur, s'il vous plait?" The seller, who was a little confused by this point began rummaging through his shop...

      5 minutes later

We wait there for what seems like an eternity and finally the seller pulls out a dusty, old burner phone. Emilia pulls out a wallet from her back pocket and asks the price. The seller replies," 15 euros s'il vous plait." Emilia quickly pays the price and we leave the shop.

    "No wonder they call you the worst detective, asking a simple phone so that Julian would knock on our doorstep in the next 1 hour!" Emilia complains. I scratch my head embarrassed.

 Emilia continues," So what is your plan then?"

  "Oh right, that." I take the burner phone and dial a number.....

          Back at the CIAH, Central Province, Haiti

    Rachel is sitting on a couch in the main hall peacefully scrolling her phone. Suddenly, she receives a call from "+33 9975783433" Rachel contemplates for a minute," +33... Paris!"

    She picks up the phone.. "Ok..." "Can be arranged!" "Oh hi, Emilia!" "Right, address is 67, Nanterre, Paris, but let me tell you keeping it a secret is your job, ok?" "Bye!"

     Back at Seine Road, Paris

  I tell Emilia," Ok, follow me!"

15 minutes later

We stop at the address told to us by Rachel and just as promised the safe house is right there.

 It is a small bungalow with two windows and an attic on the top. Me and Emilia enter the bungalow and we are blessed with the smell of freshly put mattresses and a completely clean and tidy room with a stair that leads up to the small attic upstairs. But just as the peace was soothing me, Emilia decides to slam onto the bed.

     At night, 10:00 p:m

I step out from the bathroom to find Emilia passed out on the bed. Tomorrow, we have to start the search of the documents but at least today....

     I can sleep peacefully....