The Accomplice

I say my prayers as I emerge from behind the pillar with Emilia following behind.

     Kathy speaks," You, I believe, wanted to know my name right?" She points at me.

She continues," Its Katherine Liester. Now for what I want.." She looks at us unnervingly and continues," Leave me and Julian alone, or else..." She takes out a  pistol, a small automatic one from her back pocket.

The Mach! As a reflex, I reach for my bag and quickly take out my own. Kathy notices it and replies excitedly," Oh! You got one of these too!" She continues, shifting into a monotone voice," As if I care, now about my condition, is it a Yes or a No? 

  I aim my pistol at her and reply," No." and as soon as the words escape my mouth, I pull the trigger.

       In the blink of an eye, she slides left evading all the bullets that I fire.

She continues," You want to make this hard for me, ok."

  She runs right and closes in on my location. She takes out a knife and starts slashing. 

   Given the split second, I fire again, but this time only one bullet comes out of the chamber which gets ricocheted of her knife and deflects to the wall. I check the chamber of my gun.

Its empty!

   Suddenly Emilia shouts," Bruster, duck!" 

    I crouch down at the last second as Emilia throws two small daggers at Katherine. 

   Katherine ducks, but she is too late as one of the daggers hit her on the shoulder.

  She ignores the dagger and keeps fighting. She slashes her knifes at my legs at which I manage to jump at the last second...

    10 minutes later

   The back and forth continues for what feels like forever. By now, I have a deep cut on my elbow while Emilia struggles to run with a knife stabbed in her ankle.

   Meanwhile Katherine is meagerly walking with 2 deep cuts on her legs.

   Emilia shouts," Bruster, now is the time we gotta escape..!" 

  I am about to follow her when I notice Katherine doing something strange.

  She takes out a khopesh from another one of her pockets and starts hacking at the pillars, at first I am utterly confused but then I saw it.

She is trying to collapse the ceiling!

  Struggling to run, I shout," Emilia, look out!"

   But its too late, Katherine succeeds in collapsing the pillars and down comes the ceiling

    On us...

   Due to inconveniences, I will be publishing 6 chapters instead of 7

Hope you all understand