Aftermath

I come to my senses in a daze, all around me is utter destruction, debris splattered all over the floor, the paintings buried underneath the rubble. I suddenly realize....

   Emilia...!

I quickly look at my left, sticking out from under the rubble is a hand, bloodied all over.

   I start muttering, raising my voice with each word," No... No.. No!" I quickly limp over to the hand. In a frenzy, I start digging.

       A minute later, I breathe a sigh of relief.. Its Katherine's lifeless body, her assassin suit is covered in various cuts, parts of the suit at her arms and legs having been completely torn off.

       Suddenly, I hear a whisper," Bruster..."

      I quickly turn back, from under the rubble I see a face, Emilia! I rush to her, limping at every step, my left leg completely busted. 

I dig out the rubble from over Emilia's body. I turn her body flat on her back.

    She is covered in bruises all over, her right arm entirely covered in blood.

I ask her," Can you walk?" She replies, her lips stuttering at every word," Let--me--try.."

   She kicks the debris in an attempt to stand up, suddenly she screams in pain and falls back down. She speaks," I think-- that my right--- leg-- is broken."

  I reply," Ok..." I hold both of her hands and pull her up, she grunts in pain as I adjust her right arm over my shoulder.

     I continue," Ok, we are out of here, any objections?" She nods her head..

   I ask," What?"

     She continues," How do--you plan on going---from there, with--your leg---and my body--like this?"

  She points at the window as she speaks. Regret appears as a word escapes my mouth clearly showing my emotion

   "Shit!"