A Bigger Hand

We head to a place known as 'The Central Hub' that is situated right in the middle of the base as were the words of Wist. It is the place where most of the operations will occur.

"Call Rachel, your informant." Wist orders me, interrupting the silence.

 He continues," Ask her to search about 'The Visionaries' ASAP".

     "But I don't have a secure line to call her. My burner phone was busted during the warehouse search and--"

     Wist tosses me an earpiece. "Will this work?" He asks. 

I look at the earpiece he tosses me. Suddenly, it clicks to me, this is the same earpiece that Rachel gave me! "The crucial link between us".

I retort," But are we sure this will not be detected?"

Wist replies," Do you even trust your very own informant?!"

   I shake my head as I hesitantly put the earpiece to my ear. I hear 3 clicks and then a line starts to ring.

    The call connects. "Rachel?"

Palace Saint-Pierre Road, Left Province, Haiti                      9:00 a:m

Rachel is driving to the facility when her phone suddenly starts to ring. She picks it up and looks at the number.

Bruster.....

"Yes, I hear you, what is it?" Rachel responds.

    "Hold up, Let me look it up."

"The Visionaries....The Visionaries! There they are. I am sending  the info to the nearest computer around you. Find it, and voila."

        Back At Base, NH-33,Paris

  I ask Wist," Do you have computers in this facility?"

    Wist looks at me, his face slightly pouting. He is offended.

"Yes, Mr Judgmental. But why?" He angrily replies.

 " I need the computer situated present the nearest in our vicinity." I retort.

Wist, unamused by the reply beckons me to follow him.

     "The Room of Technology" I mutter as I read the nameplate of the door in front of us. Wist replies," Let's go." I enter the room...

"Woah!" I marvel the room that surrounds me with its 4 walls. There is tech on every corner of the room from computers to an entire particle accelerator!

    I ask Wist," What do you need that for?" Wist replies, a smug smile on his face," Just in case."

   He leads us to the nearest computer from the door and on the operating chair sits....

"Michael!" I exclaim as I see my buddy engrossed in work. He spins his chair to face me.

"Yo!" He replies. I continue," Ok, no time, check your files. Do you have a document labeled 'The Visionaries?"

"Sure thing! By the way, did you see that particle accelerator?!" He exclaims as he spins his chair back to face the computer.

I nod. 

    3 minutes Later

"Well, anything?" I ask. "Wait a sec-- There it is! Come, have a look!"

  Intrigued, I look at the document on screen.

10 minutes later

 My mind can't comprehend what I see.. "This--This can't---be--true--N-No!"

   This went from 10 to 100 real quick!

Act 1/3 complete!

Next Act to start from Monday, 8th August, 2022