Resolve #2

29th of October
1 day from Op-Day

     Sic and Bruster's Team:

Our practice couldn't have been more successfull. On the first day, the recruits faltered right and left. No one seemed to find a pattern of attack. There was no coordination. It even reached to the point where approximately 15 people had a breakdown and left.

   But the remaining 85 showed something we never expected.

Resolve.

On the 28th, I saw 85 confident people, with a fire in their eyes. 

A fire of determination.

That day, our exercise continued as it did. The "process" of hitting the target erstwhile stopping the oncoming force that was well...

Me.

    So, with the hope of no progress, I went on stage and I was left shocked and bruised.

They realized that divide and conquer would not work. 

In a battle, the help of your comrades would be your greatest weapon. The trainees, having learnt the lesson formed a tag team and remained still.

A cautious beast, as I was, approached them.

But the pigeons weren't spooked this time.

The guy with the knife closed his eyes and with ease, flowed his knife in the air.

I lunged myself with my dual towards the first team and the guy with the knife dodged it easily.

And hence began a battle of knives. My fierce attacks and his smooth defense.

Yin and Yang.

And as I get engrossed in the battle, a buzzer is heard and Sic whistles, in a shocked tone," Point--to the team."

I curve my head towards the target and it is there, I see it.

 They managed to fool me through deception. The other guy, in the midst of the battle had quietly snuck away and hit the target.

I stand in exhaustion as I proudly witness the two winners giving each other a hard high-five.

And hence, the trainees kept impressing me.

Emilia's Team:

29th Of October
1 day from Op-Day

I come to know what happened with Bruster's Team.

And I just retract into my seat. In an endless wait for success

The previous 2 days have been horrible. Everyone just seems to get unconsicous by one thing or the another. Sometimes, its their own weapon and any other time accounts for just another excuse.

But today...

I--can't believe my eyes!

My team succeeded.

As I am sitting on a bench in the dark room, in absolute silence...

A figure drops from the sky and 2 more approach from the ends of the room, shrouded in darkness.

The figure from the sky drops down.

Its the dude who fought me on day one. He holds something in his hands.

A broken sword...

The other people show up and in their hands are broken weapons.

Broken Mallet. Broken Spear.

"Miss, the target has been eliminated." He mutters.

He hoists his weapon up in the air along with the other two as a sign of triumph and they all collapse to the ground, a smile on their exhausted faces.

They man--aged to beat the Robot....?

I breath a sigh of relief as I relax into my bench.

They actually showed something.

They showed Resolve.