Chapter 21 ~ Beach.

((Song of the chapter: Paparazzi by Lady Gaga))

Luke and I were on our way to beach in a cute little white car I had never seen around the house before. And yes, Luke was driving not some paid chauffeur. It was still nice and bright outside as it was only 5 pm.

"So I'm thinking I need to tan a little bit while the sun is still out," Luke plainly states while grabbing our tote bags and towels from the trunk.

"Really Luke?" I sarcastically ask.

"Well yes. I don't want to pass Michael on the pale meter!"

"I feel like that's impossible though."

"Yeah, you're probably right." Luke shuts the trunk and laces our hands together as our toes touch the sand. I love spending time at the beach as we don't have any real beaches at home just some sand by a mossy lakes. Oh and not to mention the feeling I get when Luke touches me (a/n as in hands guys). I really like this kid.

We lay our beach towels flat on the sand in a calmer area away from most people and hopefully his fans and paps. Yes, I know how bad that sounds, but right now I just want some peace and quiet alone time with Luke. To be honest, I just really want to know where we stand exactly and hear it from him.

"Wanna get in the water?" Luke questions me while slipping his shirt and sandals off.

"Why not?" I slip my loose dress off as well as my sandals. I then remove the bracelets that cover my wrists. I suppose I have nothing to hide from Luke anymore. "Race ya!" I shout taking my head start to the ocean. I attempt to take large strides and just as my feet hit the water a body collides with mine causing me and the other person to belly flop into the water. I quickly shoot out of the water gasping for air in search of Luke because it was obviously that weirdo. Not to my surprise Luke emerges from the water and shakes his wet hair in my face.

"LUCAS!" I shout swooshing a ton of water at him. Meanwhile he is having a fit of giggles. I try my best to keep the frown on my face as he continues to treat it as the funniest thing ever.

"Awwww Ads come on," Luke tries. Before I can react he takes both of my hands in his pulling my into him chest to chest or more like my head to his chest because he is a giant compared to me. He then surprises me even further and caresses my cheek in the palm of his hand. Luke is looking deep into my eyes, it feels as if we were staring at each other for an eternity before his eyes quickly flicker to my lips. The space between us closes and he softly presses his lips to mine. It was a short and sweet kiss and I couldn't help but smile like an idiot after. Luke sweetly grinned as well.

Luke and I goofed around for a while in the water, splashing each other every so often. I was feeling genuinely happy. It's 7 now so Luke and I are snacking on the junk food we brought which basically consisted of chips and sugary candy whoops.

"Can you believe Zayn left One Direction?" I ask Luke while scrolling though my twitter feed. "It's all everyone is talking about!"

I hear Luke sigh, "I mean yeah it's hard to believe, but I understand the whole wanting to be a normal guy thing. Although," Luke pauses to collect his thoughts, "I would be devastated if any of the boys tried to quit 5SOS." I simply nod my head understandingly.

"Shit," Luke says under his breath. I look over to him to find his eyebrows knit and a frown engraved on his face.

"What?" He passes his phone to me to which I see a hd photo of Luke and I kissing in the ocean. My eyes widen as I am not sure what to think. I mean I know I really like him, but I don't know where he stands or how the fans will take it.

"Crap crap crap." At seemingly the exact same moment Luke and i receive texts. I quickly read the name, Gregory aka my manager. I slide my phone to unlock it and read.

*Gregory: Addison, you and Luke need to leave the beach this moment and get to office now. Avoid the paps and physical contact with Luke.*

Oh.

"Um, Ads?" Luke slowly speaks sounding a little nervous.

"Did you just get a text from your manager too saying we needed to go to the office immediately?"

He nods, "I'll grab the totes if you grab the towels?" We picked everything up and silently made our way to the car. As soon as we approached the parking lot the paps bombarded us like freaking monkeys. It was dark out now so the flashing lights from their cameras were blinding me and I couldn't even see Luke.

"Luke?" I softly call for him, but don't hear a response. I call his name again as I keep my head low and run into a body only to realize it's Luke. He gives me an apologetic look, but keeps his slight distance from me. We make it to the car with the pap on our heels still. Pretty sure I almost slammed the door on one of their hands. Once we are in the car Luke starts the ignition and drives still silent.

"Luke are we in like big trouble?" I really hope not. I mean, I don't remember ever being told that I can't date anyone. Hold up, we're not even dating though.

Luke shakes his head, "I have no idea Ads, but I really hope not." He keeps his eyes on the road. The question is eating me alive as to where we stand, but I don't have the guts to ask him as we might not even be able to pursue anything after what ever management has to say.

We pull up to the Hi or Hey Records building and both take a deep breath of air.