Chapter 13~ A haunting past.

((Song of the chapter: Save You Tonight by One Direction))

We all returned home safely from the Club in our, or rather the 5SOS boys' limo. Michael and Calum were cuddling the whole ride back, obviously very drunk. Ashton could not stop giggling at everything from me coughing to the tree outside the window. Sydney on the other hand was dozing off and on. Then there's Luke.. He played with my hair the entire ride back.

After helping everyone to their respective rooms I found myself in my own, scrolling through my twitter newsfeed. I notice all of the boys posted tweets about the night while drunk. The funniest was michae'ls. '@michael5sos : much fun. Very Daniel." It took me a moment before I realized he was referring to his beloved stuffed lion he named Daniel. Only Michael.

After replying to a few kind fans and following a few others, I plug my phone into the wall and try to get some sleep. My mind was replaying ever single moment of this crazy day. So much happened that it feels like a year has gone by. My contract signing, hanging with the 5SOS boys, day out with Luke, clubbing. I really love LA.

~

"Addie, where you at? We had plans to go to the movies tonight remember?" I barely hear a voice call. "Addie seriously come on were gonna miss it!" The voice continues. I faintly hear footsteps running and come to an abrupt hault. The voice yells some incoherent things. I try to look up to see who it is or figure out what they are saying, but my body won't listen. All I can see is black. I feel myself letting go. My breath slowing. Everything is hazy.

I jolt up breathing heavily, swear dripping from my forehead.

It was just a dream, I try to reassure myself, knowing that's far from the truth.

Inhale. Exhale.

Inhale. Exhale.

I check the time on my phone. It read 3:24 am . Great so I'm going to have to go back to bed- hopefully not to relive that dream.

Getting up from my bed I grab my phone and turn the flashlight on while maneuvering my way out of the room.

I make it to the kitchen without whiping out, thankfully, and find a glass to fill with water.

I take a few sips to cool off before I hear footsteps. I find myself hiding crouched down behind the counter in fear of who it is. Who would be awake at this time in the morning (besides me of course).

The footsteps are getting closer and closer. I can hear my heart beat sounding like 1,000 drums. My breathing increases and I feel like I'm going to hurl.

My mind is racing a mile a minute. Who is it. What if he found me. It cant be him. They told me he wouldn't be able to contact me once out. I pray it isn't-

A hand taps my shoulder and I let out a small scream while remaining still.

"Shh," the person behind me commands, "Addie it's me Luke." He walks in front of me with a confused look plastered on his face. In a swift movement he sits on ground next to me.

I fumble with my hands intently staring at them. I slightly jump when I feel Luke's arm snake around my waist pulling me into a tight hug making me feel safe. He holds me like this
for a few minutes before pulling away only to brush his thumbs under my eyes. I hadn't even realized I was crying.

"I'm sorry Addie, I didn't mean to scare you like that," Luke whispers with care. He slightly lifts my chin to make me look him in the eyes. From the way his eyebrows furrowed and the wrinkles formed on his forehead I knew he could see the fear in my eyes.

"I-it's o-okay Luke," I barely get out. My whole body is still shaking.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks with concern.

"Yeah it's just I thought you were-" I quickly stop myself from finishing my sentence and look to my hands and play with the sleeves of my sweatshirt.

"Thought I was who?"

I pause for a moment and without looking up say, "No one, never mind."

Luke can tell I am hiding something but simply nods. I'm glad he doesn't try to push me to say anything more and just lets it go for now the same way he had done last afternoon.

"So, erm, what are you doing up?" Luke questions me trying to change the focus.

"I, uh, couldn't sleep. How about you?" I resort to asking him so he doesn't ask me why I couldn't sleep.

"I have a pounding headache so I was going to find some Advil," he admits.

We sit in silence for a while until Luke gets to his feet and reaches a hand out for me to grab. I grab it and he pulls me up leading me to the family room where he sits on the couch. I sit next to him making sure to leave some space between us. Luke clicks a few buttons on the remote before turning to me.

"Any preferences?" I shake my head no and he settles on Spongebob. Luke is laughing at every little thing. I laugh a little too while yawning feeling sleeping. Before I can stop, I feel myself dozing off into a deep slumber.

~

I woke up with the smell of boy entering my nostrils. Confused, I open my eyes only to find myself curled up to luke with my head resting on his bare chest. As my eyes moved to his face I notice a dimples smirk as he stares at me.

"Sleeping beauty finally awoke!" like exclaims still smiling. I quickly push myself up off the couch and look to the big wooden clock on the wall is reading 10:45 .

"Shit." I mutter to myself and start to head upstairs.

"What's the rush?" Luke ponders.

While still running up the stairs I yell back "I'm supposed to have another meeting with the record label people!"

I get to the bathroom and determine that I don't have time to take a shower as my meeting starts in 15 minutes. I pull my hair back into a slick pony tail and put on some light make up.

When I made it to my room I grab a pair of black skinny jeans and a floral tank top. I also find some silver hoop earrings with matching silver bangles to add to my left wrist . Somewhat satisfied with how I look I go back downstairs to see Gus waiting for me.

He opens the door of a silver car I haven't seen before and were off. Gus plays some music on the radio for our short ride.

Once we arrive I run to Mr. Jobin's office.

"Glad you finally made it." He exclaims while turning around in his swivel chair.

"Sorry I'm late, my alarm didn't go off and I-" He cuts me off.

"Save it. We have a contract and career to talk about right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO !

Haha so thanks so much for 500+ READS!! You guys rock! Sorry it took so long to update!

Anywhoo please continue to vote and comment (: