Chapter 41 ~ Is this Goodbye?

((Song of the chapter: Love you goodbye by one direction))

PREVIOUSLY IN JUST PRETEND:

"Well, thank you for sitting in on the trial for me. I just couldn't do it after running into my mother."

"What do you mean?" Calum inquires.

"She wanted me to drop all of my allegations.

"What?" They all say in unison.

"She also showed up unexpected because the police called her due to my underageness."

"Shit," Ashton says under his breath.

"What?"

There's a knock on the door. Oh shit is right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No," I can't believe it, "are you kidding me right now?" I start pacing back and forth.  Why does this have to be happening right now? I was finally feeling some relief with Jace in jail and avoiding mother. But now one of the two is at my doorstep. Lucky me. At this point Luke has joined the boys and I.

"You answer it"

"No, you!"

"Just say she's not here!"

"But we told her she would be!" The boys bicker about it for a while. Meanwhile the doorknob slowly turns. Before I have a chance to do anything about it she pops her head in with a devious smile.

"Ah Addison how lovely it is to see you," mother grins slyly.

My blood is boiling. Why would she show up here and sneakily as the boys where I would be. I thought I had made it abundantly clear that I did not want to speak to her.

"I think you should leave," Luke steps in. He slides a protective arm around my waist.

"And what makes you say that? I just want to have a nice little conversation with my daughter whom I haven't seen in a while," mother evilly grins.

"Yeah, I'm thinking that's not such a good idea anymore," Ashton chimes in.

"Why don't you just leave and Addie will call you when she feels ready to talk," Luke says.

"Yeah, no. Addie you're coming with me and we're leaving. Pack your bags and I'll be back in an hour to drive us to the airport. Your little fantasy has ended. You're done here. Addie, you are not cut out for this." My mom slams the door shut and leaves.

I am at a loss for words. I turn in Luke's arms and begin to cry into his chest. I literally can't control the tears or my emotions at this point. Everyone else's words are muffled and all I can think about is having to leave. Obviously, I don't want to leave. I can't bare the thought of having to move back home. My life there was far from perfect and far from okay. I am happy here with my friends and boyfriend.  It hasn't been rainbows and butterflies, clearly, however I don't want to leave. I excuse myself from the room and head up the stairs to start packing. I can hear the boys talking.

"We obviously can't let Addie leave with her."

"Well duh, but what are we to do?"

"I don't know, anyone have any ideas?"

"No."

"Unfortunately not."

LUKE'S POV

"I know this might sound crazy, but what if Addie and I go somewhere for a bit while this all dies down? Away from her mom, away from the media, away from responsibilities." The words come out of my mouth before I even have time to process them myself.