Chapter 14 ~ Managing.

((Song of the chapter: This is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco))

Mr. Jobin led me to what I presumed to be a small conference room. There was already a slim, preppy looking man sitting in one of the swivel chairs in the corner of the room. He abruptly stands and extends his hand for me to shake.

"Hello Addison, I'm Gregory your manager." The slender man exclaims while firmly shaking my hand. He seems to be in his early to mid 30s.

"Nice to meet you." I smile while nodding.

"We just have to explain to you the guidelines and such that come along with the contract you signed." Gregory smiles uncomfortably.

"Take a seat." Mr. Jobin says while gesturing towards a chair. I quickly take a seat.

"I'll be in my office." and with that Mr.Jobin leaves the room leaving me alone with Gregory.

Gregory explains to me how his job is to help, not hinder my career as a solo artist. He also tells me that I have to follow his guidelines and do as he says. I am reluctant to hand over my social media passwords to this stranger but I give in.

After getting through the bad stuff he brings up an exciting option. The record label along with management believe that it would be in my best interest to move out to LA as my opportunities are limited in Texas and I would have to fly out every so often anyways. I'm all over this idea, but not sure how my parents will take it. I am only 17 so he explained that they have the final say until I turn 18 in September. Gregory wants me to come right back to LA a few days after I return home and spend at least the rest of the summer, parent permitting of course. He explained that I would be able to stay in 5SOS house during the time.

He closes the conversation with me signing some more contracts and inserting his contact into my phone. I really don't know how to feel about this.

Mr. Jobin escorts me to the studio on the second floor of the complex. He leaves me with the studio manager.

"I'd like you to sing any song that you feel shows your range and what makes you special. Don't feel too much pressure, it's just a demo that could change your career forever." the man gives me a smug look.

I decide to sing the song Chandelier bu Sia.

After doing a few takes of the song my studio time is out and I meet Gus outside the building. We drive in silence back to the house. It's now 1:30 and I am starving. I make a mad dash to the fridge, not even glancing at my surroundings.

I shuffle through its contents before grabbing a slice of pizza and popping it into the microwave. I intently look at the timer waiting for it to hit 0.

"Hungry?" A voice startles me causing me to jump. I hesitantly turn around to find Luke with a half smirk half confused look on his face. "You're really jumpy, aren't ya?"

"I guess." I shrug and grab my pizza out of the microwave then sit at the table. Luke follows me and sits in the seat next to me.

"So, how did your meeting thing go?" He questions while I inhale my pizza.

"Interesting," I pause to finish swallowing, "I guess I have a manager now and he seems very overbearing."

Luke chuckles a little, "That's managers for ya!"

"I feel like I shouldn't complain because I still can't believe I got this record deal." I really am still in awe about how 2 weeks ago I was just some girl still posting YouTube covers and goofing off with my best friend in Texas and now I'm in freaking LA with a record deal and hanging out with not only my best friend but 4 rockstars!

"So where are the others?" I ask Luke. I honestly had no clue and haven't seen a trace of anyone at all today.

"They left for the beach at 9 am this morning," I give him a confused look as I realize that I slept in and woke up on Luke, meaning they all saw us. Luke just starts laughing as he noticed my realization. "Don't worry Addie, I don't think they thought much of it."

"Okay good," I pause, "wait I mean not that it would be a bad thing but I just- I-"

Luke cuts me off, "it's okay," he chuckles again, " I understand what you mean." I feel my cheeks heat up and look to my hands. I can feel Luke staring at me intently with his icy blues. I look up to him and he hold the eye contact.

"What?" My question seems to pull him out of his thoughts as he quickly looks towards the clock.

"Oh, uh, nothing." We both fall silent. It wasn't an awkward silence though, but rather comfortable. I decide to take the opportunity to excuse myself to call my parents and let them know the about everything.

My dad picked up after the second ring. "ADDISON," he sounded so excited, "how are things? Are you behaving yourself?"

"Yes dad, I am. And things are great! I signed the contracts and I am officially signed to Hi or Hey Records!"

"That's awesome sweetie!"

"Yeah dad I am so happy. Just one thing.." I trailed off.

"What is it Addison?"

"They want me to stay in LA."

"They do, do they.."

"Yeah, they think it would be best if I stayed up here at least the rest of the summer. They have a place for me to stay and stuff and I even have my own manager!"

"Well this is something big to think about, I'll have to talk to your mother about this."

"Dad, I know you're scared to let me go but this is what I really want and need to help my career. It would also be nice to have a complete fresh start far away from Texas."

"I want this for you Addie, I really do. But this is a big decision," he pauses for a second, "your mother just got home. I'll talk to her and call you later, alright?"

We exchanged goodbyes and hang up.

I decide to return back to the kitchen only to find it empty and my plate cleared and washed. I move to the living room and find Luke sitting on the couch. He looks up from the tv and pats the cushion next to him. I figure, what the hell, and move next to him.

"So you're moving to LA, yeah?" Luke asks me.

"That's what management wants. Wait were you ease dropping?"

"Maybe just a little.. And you're going to stay here at our place?" I swear I see his smile increase a little.

"That's what they want, I mean I don't have to if it makes you and the boys uncomfortable."

"Oh no, I'm fine with it!"

"When are the others coming back?"

"Not sure, I think they mentioned something about partying til the sun goes down though."

"Why didn't you go with them?" I was genuinely curious to know why he stayed back.

"Well I wanted to sleep in and I don't know I guess I wanted to spend time with you." Luke smiles and I am looking at him like he is a mad man.

Why the hell would he want to spend time with me? I'm me. He is Luke freaking Hemmings. I don't get it. He could spend his time with his friends partying or heck with any girl if he really wanted to so why is he sitting here on the couch with me at 3 in the afternoon.

"W-why?" I manage to spit out.

"Because I like you Addie."

~~~~

Srry for not updating a while... I've been crazy busy and just got back from Chicago bcuz I went to the 5sos/ 1d concert !!

It was so flippen fantastic AHHHH

But major PCD:(((((((((

Plzz comment/vote if ya like ma story

Swagga