Chapter 11 ~ Big City Big Secrets.

((Song of the chapter: Weight Of Living, Pt. I by Bastille))

Luke and I began our adventure exiting through the gates of the LA home. We walked close to eachother, but not too close, although I could still smell his musky cologne. A scent I could easily live with. The unforgiving California sun shone brights this afternoon. It surprised me that Luke did not have more color. If I lived here I would be outside 24/7. Okay.. Maybe I wouldn't but still, it's beautiful.

I decide to speak up first, "Do you guys live at the LA house year round?"

To which Luke replied, "No, we only stay at this house together while we're seriously recording and writing. Other than that we come and go. I also have an apartment in Australia with Calum. Michael and Ashton each have their own in a complex a few miles from mine."

"Do you like America or Australia better?"

"It's a draw," Luke chuckles, "I love the fast paceness of America, but it's nice to have a break back in Australia. Plus, all of my family is in Australia." He shines his pearly whites in my direction. Every time he smiles I can't help but acknowledge and admire his dimples. Dimples. Boys and dimples. Wow.

I snap out of my haze when I nearly run into a bright orange construction sign that is slightly overlapping the grass and sidewalk. I end but tripping over the metal bar causing Luke to hold his stomach in a fit of laughter. I pout and give him a death glare, "It's not funnyyyy." I whine, dragging out the 'y'.

Luke collects himself enough to say, "That right there was simply hilarious. A bright orange sign of all things!" I playfully slap his chest and he softly grabs my hand with his, looking deep into my brown eyes. His touch ignites a feeling in me that simply cannot be described with words. His lips curl up into a small toothless smile, still staring at me with his warm blues. A boy has never looked at me in this way. I could get used to this. I only wonder if he is thinking the same.

Wait.

Of course he isn't thinking the same. I'm me. Addie Marie Gram. Just a girl. A broken girl. A girl who can't express how she feels. A girl who chooses to hide through silence. A girl who could never be loved by Luke, let alone anyone because of it. It had changed me. Luke probably wouldn't even want to associate himself with me if he found out about it. Honestly, I couldn't blame him.

I snap out of it, and in doing so I realize that I am still staring at Luke. His hand is still on mine, my hand still resting on his chest. I quickly remove it and look away from him, probably blushing.

I turn around and start walking back towards the house. I can't allow myself to start to fall in love with a guy who wouldn't love me back after learning of my past. Not that he would fall in love with me without my past. I just need to distance myself from him.

I hear footsteps moving quickly behind me, but I keep walking a little faster now. Then a hand grabs my arm with a tight grip, causing me to stop. I didn't realize that I had been crying until I felt soft thumbs brushing the skin under my eyes. I try to turn away from him but he holds onto my shoulders.

"Addie, what's wrong?" Concern is clear in his eyes. I look to my hands, hoping he will let it go.

"It's really nothing Luke," I stay focused on my chipped pink nail polish, "I just.. I don't belong here with you." I whisper the last few words unsure if Luke heard them. Before I have time to think Luke has his arms wrapped around me, engulfing me into a nice hug. I can't help but she's a few more tears as we stood there in the middle of a sidewalk in LA.

Seconds, maybe minutes passes before he lets me out of his embrace. "Addie," Luke begins, "why don't we just forget this happened and grab some coffee, yeah?"

I really don't want to do this, but I relentlessly agree. He gives me a half smile, "There's a Starbucks just around the corner." I nod and follow Luke down the street. I was surprised that we hadn't run into any paparazzi or fans yet. After all, he is apart of Australia's biggest band. I mean, I am definitely not complaining, it's just odd.

We walk into a fairly empty starbucks. I guess most people don't choose to drink a coffee at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

"What do you like to get?" Luke questions.

"I usually go for a simple milk chocolate mocha,and you?"

"Caffeespressofrappuccino." Luke says so fast it takes me a second to process the words.

"Fannnnsayyyy" I nudge his shoulder.

"Mmhhmm, you know it." Luke winks and sticks his tongue out and orders for us. He insisted on paying for me even after I practically shoved my money down the cashier's throat. Luke needs to stop being such a perfect gentleman. It's making it so damn hard to not like him.

Luke grabs our coffees and beckons me to follow him to a comfy couch near the back of the room.

"So the pap doesn't see us." He informs me.

"Does all of that bother you?"

"What the paparazzi?" I nod and he thinks for a second, "It did at first. Honestly, I despised having people taking pictures and asking me questions 24/7 but it's all worth it because it means I get to do what I love."

"I feel like it would bother me a ton. You take it like a pro."

Luke smiles, "Oh Addie, pretty soon they will be all over you too. Just wait and see."

~~~~~~~~

This is not even how I planned this chapter to go..... It just kinda happened? I feel like its crappy el oh el I've been so busy

If you can't already tell I am obsessed with Luke's dimples..... like how can you not be??

please vote/comment if you liked it!