Chapter 5~Party.

((Song of the chapter: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Miley Cyrus))

Sydney, being the make-up expert she is decided that I need a little more than my normal swipe of mascara and chap stick this exciting party. I was sat in her desk chair while she worked her magic on me. I honestly felt like she was doing a paint by number on my face but I went along with it. Roughly 15 minutes later she handed me a mirror to inspect the new me. I did not recognize whoever I saw in the mirror but none the less went along with it.

"How do you like it?" Sydney pressed with the cheesiest grin.

"It's uh.. well different."

"No shit Sherlock, you look like the rockstar you are!" She gave me a wink and we laughed. I've never been that comfortable with my appearance. Sydney then did her own make up and we headed for my car. I tripped over some legos on the way out but quickly caught myself.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" Sydney yelled down the stairs, "We're going out so don't expect me to make curfew."

"Okay honey, love you stay safe but have fun!" Her mom Leah yelled up the stairs. Leah was honestly the chillest mom ever. She let Sydney live her life how she wanted and let her make her own decisions even if they were mistakes. I wish my mom would be half as open as Sydney's.

We hopped into my car and started driving to Timmy's house. I was curious to see who all would be there and what all would be there. I was preparing myself for the worst but I was hoping for the best. It took about 15 minutes to get to the party. I could already see the shinny red cups in the hands of adolescents on the front lawn. Great. We stepped out of the car and made our way towards the house. I took deep breath in and braced myself for a long night.

We we're greeted by a few of our 'friends' as we walked up to the front door. Friends as in people who act like they like you face to face but are the first to talk about you behind your back but hey, welcome to high school. We walk inside and look for our normal group. I spot them in the corner and pull Sydney along with me and sit on the floor joining the circle.

"Well would you look who showed up!" Carly, one of my very close friends says. She is literally the spitting image of Selena Gomez from her perfect hair to her slim figure. We met in the 5th grade at soccer camp and have been close since.

"Dude Ad I saw your twitter blow up earlier!' Kyle, Carly's boyfriend excitedly exclaims.

"Yeah it was crazy." I simply say.

"Addie your're like practically famous." Carly adds. I really don't know what to say. Like yeah, this guy in a big band got me some attention but that's about it.

"Aye lets drink to that!" Kyle passes around the dreaded plastic cups to each of us. I quickly decline but he insists. I don't even know what repulsive substance is in this cup, I'm assuming beer because that's about how classy high schoolers all. We all cling, well bump our cups together and take a sip. I, of course, fake a sip. opz.

The night drags on and we dance a little to the blaring music. Eventually Shane shows up and whisks Sydney away. Figures. So I decide to sit back down on the couch and scroll through twitter. I smile and reply to some tweets. I have to admit, it is pretty rewarding to see the kind words people have been saying to and about me.

I try to find Sydney and Shane because this loud music is giving me a headache. Luckily, I see them in the front yard off in a corner by themselfs. Oh wait. I definitely do not want to see that. I quickly cover my eyes while walking towards them. They are making out and I do NOT need to see my brother and best friend having intimate interactions.

"Get a room losers!" I sarcastically yell while keeping my eyes covered.

"Maybe we will!" Sydney says. I open my eyes and find them laughing.

"You guys ready to go? Please.."

"Yeah sure I guess."

"Okay well I guess I can just ride with Shane since he drove, text ya later?"

"Definitely!" Sydney then grabs Shane and they share a quick peck before we proceed to our cars. I don't think I will ever be 100% comfortable with my brother and best friend dating, but what am I gonna do.

The car ride home is silent but quick. We walk into the front door a quarter to 12 pleasing my mom who was waiting up for us on the couch. She was knitting but stopped to greet us. "Have a good time kiddos?"

"Uh... yeah I guess." Shane says monitonily.

"Good, well you guys best be getting your rest, the Vohnhansens are coming over on Thursday for a nice dinner!" Her smile is a mile wide I swear as she shares this information with us. The Vohnhansens were that family that always dressed very prim and proper. They lived in an extravagant home in a gated community. Mr. Vohnhasen owned his own real estate company. Mr. and Mrs. Vohnhansen had a son my age, Aaron, and a twin daughters, Lucy and Madelynn, age 12. And of course my mother had always tried to set me up with Aaron due to his bright future and balance in his family bank. I know my mom is just trying to set me up to live a long and bright life but I honestly don't want to hear it. She is too overbearing of my life 500% of the time.

"Great. I'm so excited." The sarcasm in my voice could be sensed from miles away. And I didn't give one crap.

"Now Addison, you and I both know that you must start to seek out potential husbands and Aaron is a great option."

"Okay mother. Whatever," I roll my eyes, "I will be off to bed now." I wasn't up for a pointless argument with her tonight. She glares at me as I walk up the stairs. I change out my clothes for the day and into my nike shorts and a soft cotton tee and imminently fall into a slumber as my head hits my pillow.

~~

I am trying to ease into the part where the boys come into play because I want it to be semi realistic :P

SO please comment/vote/share (:

Takes one second but would mean the world to me(: