Chapter 23: The Camber has its Secrets

I haven't read over it so I apologise for the mistakes

"I still don't get it." I whined as I looked up at Logan. We were currently in the bedroom after Marco had 'dismissed' me and sent me to bed, I had protested but Logan had only agreed with his brother and hurled my butt out of there before I could dig my fingernails into the couch and get a decent grip. He walked into the room, kicking the door shut behind him and throwing me down on the bed where I still sat, my legs raised so that my feet were plastered on Logan's thigh allowing him to easily untie my shoe lasses and slip my feet out of their prisons.

He sighed deeply and focussed his eyes on me, his movements pausing briefly. "What don't you get?"

"Everything." The truth was I was just so overwhelmed. I felt like the ground had been pulled out from under me and I didn't know what was real and what was fake.

"You heard everything Britney, I don't know how much clearer it could be."

"It's just..." I stopped, unsure of what it was I was actually going to say. "How could I be one of you?"

He looked at me in surprise but his expression quickly changed into one of hurt and contempt. "What's so bad about that?" His tone was threatening.

"No, I don't mean it like that Logan." I quickly defended myself. "I just... I feel like I don't even know myself anymore, it's like everything that I thought was true about the world or myself has just disappeared and I don't know how to feel. It's like a tsunami, earthquake, fire and volcanic eruption all at the same time and I'm stuck, motionless just waiting for the earth to crumble around me."

I put my head in my hands feeling the tears spring in my eyes and my heart start to hurt with the fast echoing beating and the sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Hey" the soft touch of Logan's hands as he placed his hands over mine and bought them down away from my face. He was down on his knees resting just in between my legs with his face right next to mine and his hands slowly beginning to draw small eight figures on my palm in a calming motion.

Letting go of one of my hands he gently cupped my face and tilted it up until my eyes were focussed on his. "When the ground starts to crumble, all you have to do is reach out to me and I'll fly you so high the destruction will never touch you."

I sniffed and gave him a small smile at his sweet words.

"But what happens if you're not there when everything crumbles?"

"Then push through it. There is not a destructive thing on this planet that can get you to move." He smiled at me. "You're too stubborn for that." He chuckled at the last line.

"Hey, what happened to being sweet?" I pouted and narrowed my eyes at him.

"There's only so much sweet I can handle before I start yawning." He admitted as he reached up and kissed me, his lips were soft as they moulded to my puffy swallow ones. "Now stop talking and go to bed."

I sniffed up the last of my tears and rubbed my eyes as Logan pulled the blankets back and laid me down gently so that my rigid body could relax against the pillows and soft mattress. "Logan."

"Yeah?" he answered as he pulled the blankets back over me.

"Don't leave me." I reached out and grabbed his hand. "I don't want to be alone."

He paused, frozen to the spot as he fought with the decision. He turned his head and looked back at the closed door and then back at me, conflict written all over his features. He took a deep breath and nodded his head before sliding his body in the bed beside me, his strong arms reached out and wrapped around me to hold me close. The warmth radiating off his body was like a much needed warm blanket of comfort in a storm of uncertainty. He pressed his lips against my temple while I snuggled into him, my head resting in the crock of his neck.