Chapter 12: Birth Marks.

I woke up and looked around my room taking in my surroundings like I have been doing every day for the past week. The white walls with the dark timbered bed and furniture, the thin material that hung above the doors and windows that led to the porch.  Yep, it wasn’t a dream.

It had been a week since I last spoke to Logan, Marco or anyone for that matter. I had spent every hour of everyday with Peter, he was kind and sweet and we have had some good times, but I was still hoping that one day I would wake up and it will all be nothing then a bad dream. I would get on with my life, working, hanging out with Danni and going to see my parents. I missed my life.

I sighed and got out of bed walking over to the wardrobe and looking at the numerous clothes that Peter had bought me. Dress, dress or dress. God I miss my jeans and converse.

I pulled out the gold dress and quickly slipped it on, tying the halter neck behind my neck. I patted it down and walked over to the bathroom, pulling my hair up into a messy bun.

I walked out of the room and went down to the foyer; I stopped by the door I had seen Marco dragged into only one week ago. I took a few steps towards the door and stopped when I heard footsteps. Taking a deep breath I quickly moved my eyes to the painting on the side, an angle holding a sword with people bowing at his feet, their faces were scared and burnt with a pattern of a crown on it. It was a strange piece of art and I hated it straight away.

“Miss Lunam?” I heard from behind me and froze. It was a small voice, one I had never heard before but what was really strange was the use of my last name. I had never told anyone here my last name, not even Logan. How did they know what it was?

I turned around slowly and saw a young man dressed mainly in rags, his dark brown head was bowed down to the point where I couldn’t see any facial features what so ever. He had his hands behind his back and was standing at least two feet away from me.

“Yes?”

“His grace the King would like you to meet him in the stables.” He told me.

I nodded even though he couldn’t see me with his head facing the floor.

“Right this way miss.” He said before walking off headed for stables. I followed him without any further questions, the whole time trying to get a look at his face.

We walked outside and over to another building made of thick grey stones with the strong smell of hay in the air. Walking over we stopped near one of the stalls and I finally got my glimpse at the man’s face. He had a scar as if he was freshly burnt covering half his face, it was a crown shape just like the people in the painting I was staring at only moments ago.

I was just flat out staring at him like some nut job as he bowed his head at me and walked out of the building.

“Britney?” I heard Peter’s voice and turned around to face him, he was leaning against the stall door with his arms folded over his chest and a bright smile on his face that I soon found was contagious.

“You look beautiful, that colour really suits you.”

I felt a blush creep up my neck as he complimented me. “Thanks. So what are we doing here exactly?”

“Well I thought you could join me for a picnic and a ride.” He said raising an eyebrow at me in a seductive way.

“It would be my pleasure, dear sir.” I said in a mocking voice whilst trying to hold in my giggles.

He offered me his arm as he lead me out the door and over to a massive stallion that was saddled up waiting for us just outside the stables. I swallowed hard and bit my lip as I stared up at the massive animal.