Chapter 25: Battle Plans

Three days.

Three long days.

72 painful hours.

I banged my head against the wall for what felt like the hundredth time since that god awful moment in the Chamber. "We have decided to let you stay" They said. "We all need to stick together if we are to survive" They said. But I bet when they said 'survive' they didn't count me in the equation as I was slowly gulping down water and oxygen like I hadn't seen them in years or left the glorious cool liquid flow down my throat, soothing the burn. This was not survival, I should have just sacrificed myself in the first place.

"Britney get your butt back here." Eliza scolded me as she poked out her hip and crossed her arms. I hadn't seen Marco in days and I only think I saw Logan when he came into the bedroom at night but I couldn't be sure since I was partly asleep and he was gone by the morning. Instead I have spent my time learning how to defend myself once again – which, as it did before, ended with Eliza kicking my butt and throwing me around like a sack of potatoes. I didn't understand what I was doing wrong. She said hold your hands up, I held my hands up. She said punch, I punched – rather accurately I might add. But she always seem to flip me over on my back with enough force to wind me every time.

"I can't." I puffed and took another long sip of my water. Sweat was dripping down my body at a disgusting rate as if I was some guy.

"Why not?"

"Because the dead don't walk."

"Stop being so dramatic," She rolled her eyes at me and started walking over towards me. Oh god that was worse. I should run. But to run I needed to be able to move my legs, this was problematic. "Now, get up and keep trying."

"I think I'm good."

The door opened with a loud bang making us both jump. "Britney, your needed in the chamber." Dustan informed me as he entered the room further. I looked at the vampire with wide eyes and a partly worried expression.

"Why?" I asked hesitantly.

"I don't make the rules Britney."

"You don't make anything do you?" Eliza counted as she flipped a small dagger in her hand and placed it back in her belt.

"Eliza, shut up." Dustan scolded her with a firm tone that surprised both me and Eliza. Dustan noted our surprise but he didn't make a move to explain himself as he turned his attention to me. "Now Britney."

I nodded my head mindlessly followed Dustan over towards the Camber entrance, the entire time in complete silence. I looked up towards Dustan as his stern expression was set and I suddenly realized what was wrong. "You were there in the camber." I started catching his attention and making him stop dead in his tracks, but he still wasn't looking at me. "When that fight broke out between the werewolves and the vampires?"

Dustan slowly turned to me and I saw the differences in his appearance. He had bittin into a werewolf recently, the blood boil under his skin, his fore head was no longer frowned and his top lip was no longer curled up to reveal his sharp canines. Hi eyes tho, his eyes were black with the red and blue veins in his eyes glowing through the darkness like neon lights. It was frightening beyond belief.

"What happened to your eyes?" I asked him reaching up and placing my hand on his cheek as I looked into his eyes.

"It's the blood Britney." He started to explain. "Werewolf blood isn't something all vampires can handle, it's different."

"Different how?"

"Their supernatural creatures like us, their venom shots through you and makes you veins glow just like this." He pointed towards his eyes. "One taste and you can become addicted to the stuff, but if you go back for a second taste, you usually don't survive long enough to taste the bitter liquid on your lips."