Chapter 3: Hidden Features.

After another hour of complaining Logan had finally agreed to call it a night.

I watched him as he laid down on the ground using his bag as a pillow. He has got to be kidding; I am not sleeping on the muddy floor with worms and bugs.

He closed his eyes and interlocked his hands resting them on his stomach. How do people actually sleep like that? It was like he was pulling a sleeping beauty, all he needed was for seven little men to come out and start laying flowers around him.

“What are you waiting for?” He questioned putting a stop to my search search for the seven dwarves.

“I am not sleeping on the ground!”

“Well then have fun climbing a tree”

My faced drop. He had to be kidding right? I looked the tree next to me up and down there was no way I could actually climb the damn thing let alone sleep in one, what did he think I was a bat?

“This isn’t the hunger games buddy, people sleep in beds.” I protested crossing my arms over my chest.

“Then make one” out of what sticks? I didn’t sign up for any survival camp.

“There is bound to be a motel or something, we not that far from the main road”

“I thought you said your feet hurt?” What now he cares about my feet? I had the sudden urge to kick him in the face; it wouldn’t be hard since his face was a lined perfectly on the forest floor.

“They do but I’m going to sleep on the ground”

He sighed heavily before getting up and storming off towards the road. Why are guys so irritating?

“There see I told you there was a motel” I said pointing to the building in distance.

I started walking off in that general direction with Logan following close behind me. It took us another half an hour walk before we finally reached the damn motel. Pulling open the door we walked into the small room that according to the sign was the reception even though it smelled a lot like the rest room.

The man behind the counter was missing his front tooth; his bald head was like a reflective ball or a disco ball. He was rather plump and smelled worse than the room we were in. I stopped in the middle of the room and looked over at Logan, maybe I shouldn’t have argued about the muddy ground.

Logan walked up to the man narrowing his eyes, the man looked up and his eyes were captured by Logan’s.

“We need a room, two beds”

The man nodded his hand reaching behind him for a key but his eyes never left Logan’s. He passed Logan a key.

“Now forget out faces” he said taking the key and pushing me out of the door.

“You shouldn’t do that you know” I said falling into step next to him.

“What?”

“Compel people; it takes away people’s free will”

“So?”

“So it’s every ones right to have free will and you just go around taking it, it’s not right”

“But isn’t it my free will to compel people?”

“You’re impossible”

“No I exist therefore I am impossible I think the word you’re looking for is improbable” No it’s Jackass.