Chapter 26: A White War

Very rough! Please don't judge!

"Ewe Ewe Ewe Ewe This is so gross!" I whisper yelled at Logan as he dragged me along behind him. We were in the sewer tunnels that shot out through the Underground. Apparently – according to Marco anyways – one of these tunnels was supposed to lead to the main statue in the small garden, the same fountain that I described to them. Logan had argued that the tunnel was sealed up and so they can't get out but Marco was sure that we could break through. And we bought Edward along just in case we mere muggles struggled with our power tools.

"Shut up Britney!" Marco scolded me as he looked back at me. "I told you we should have left her behind."

"I tried but she threatened to hit me over the head." Logan defended himself.

I smiled. I did too.

"Why are sewers so gross." I pouted as I looked at a spider web. "Oh my god, a spider is trying to eat a fly." I ran forward until I was now in front of Logan and just behind Marco.

The entire line came to a standstill. "Britney." Marco started, his face serious. "This is supposed to be a stealth mission, now shut up or I am going to gag you with the spider web."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I liked you better when you were behind bars."

"Keep going with that mouth of yours and we will all be headless soon enough."

I bit my bottom lip and nodded my head as Marco started walking away with the line of others marching behind him. I looked at Logan for some direction but he just put his finger over his lips, gesturing for me to be quiet while he laced his fingers with mine and started pulling me along behind him. Everyone came to a stop at the end of the tunnel and the three werewolves in front with Marco started drilling the fountain and trying to break through the seal that – as Logan had predicted – ran along the once opened door.

"Yeah because Britney was louder than the power tools." Dustan muttered next to me making me smile.

"Edward." Marco said making my great grandfather, slash, Marco's new favourite informant come forward. He rolled his eyes and continued with his bored expression as he watched the werewolves struggle with the power tools.

The Warlock rubbed his hands together for a few mintues, his fast paced actions were hardly seen in my vision but the smoke that started to radiate from his hands had me – and everyone else in the small sewer – in awe. He stopped rubbing his hands together and shook them by his sides before reaching up and placing them on the recently applied seal that was stopping us from entering the castle. Slowly the surface began to melt away until it was nothing but a pile of dust on the floor.

I turned to Logan and mouthed 'wow' as the rest of the so called 'army' began to move forward. He just chuckled and held me back until everyone had passed us by, the first of the soldiers had started to make the leap of faith from the tunnel opening in the fountain to hid somewhere in the tall hedges.

"Britney." Logan started, his tone full of warning. "If I ask you to stay in the sewer will you?"

"Nope."

"Even if I beg?"

"Not a chance. Look, I know I can't exactly fight except for the little I have been taught but I can help, a little anyways. I'll stay out of the pack, I promise."

"This," he started as he paced me a small dagger. "Is if you need to use it. Now stay in the gardens."

I nodded in understanding. I wasn't stupid enough to think that I could be the hero of this war because, let's face it, I didn't have the courage and I could barely keep Eliza from using me as her personal punching bag let alone fight a large collection of armed guards. And besides, this was supposed to be a stealth mission.