Chapter 4: The new Olympic sport.

“Wake up!” Logan’s voice echoed through the room.

“What is wrong with you, the sun isn’t even up yet.” I complained pulling the cover over my head ignoring his voice and the rustling he was making.

“It’s rising now; we have to get a move on”

“No, it’s sleepy time” I snuggled into my pillow pleased with my decision to stay in bed. Who gets up before the sun?

“Last warning”

I ignored him and snuggled into my pillow. What was he going to do, wave pots and pans? Ha tough luck finding any of them.

I felt cold hands wrap around my ankle and pull me half way off of the bed.

“Hey!” I yelled and sat up quickly only to have a bottle of cold water splashed in my face.

 “I told you to wake up”

 “I. Hate. You.” I said now dripping wet and shivering in the cold.

 “Hate me on your own time, we have to head off.”

 Ah! I jumped up off the bed and headed for the bathroom, quickly tying up my wet hair and putting my contacts back in I slipped back into my clothes and tying the now damp jumper around my waist.

 “Ready!”

 “Good, let’s go.”

 Feeling refreshed I followed him willingly keeping my word that I wouldn’t run away again.

 We were walking in town this time which I was grateful for. I managed to talk him in to letting me buy a spare pair of clothes and a bag, only his methods of paying aren’t legal.

 “You can’t just walk out without paying” I scolded him when he turned to walk out of the store.

 “I can when I can compel people”

 “Well you shouldn’t”

 “How about I take your advice when you learn to compel people”

“I can learn to compel people?” I stopped and thought about it. That would be so cool, not that I would ever use it against people like he does. I think.

“No, that’s the point” he said chuckling as he continued to walk out of the shop.

We walked down in silence; I was contemplating how to ask him about being an angle or Volucris as he called it but decided against it since every time I went to speak a car horn would go off or he would speak telling me where to go and then my confidence levels would leave me.

We walked passed a diner and the smell of pancakes engulfed me, I could almost taste the hot battered pancakes with nutella and strawberries on top.

“Hey you!” I called over to him, making him turn around and face me.

“What?”

“I’m hungry, let’s eat” I said walking into the diner.

Taking a seat at a booth in front of the window I waited for Logan to follow. It took him rather a long while to come in and join me; his face was set in a stern expression and his eyes were hidden behind a pair of sunglasses that he must have just bought, or in his case stole them.

“What’s with the glasses? Going for the cool guy look?” I said picking up the menu and looking over it before my eyes settled on the word pancakes. Ah hello old friends.