Chapter 14: Fireworks.

I didn't see much as we flew over, my head being buried in Logan’s neck and the darkness below made it impossible to make out anything clearly. I felt his boy tense and his arms tighten around me as we suddenly dropped, a small scream escaping my lips. I could almost feel him smile. He caught us quickly and hovered for a moment before finding the floor, his wings retracted returning to their tattoo like appearence. His arms lowered but stayed lossly on my lower back as I started to look around.

It was the lake that I had seen when I was entering the kingdom although it looked different under the light blue glow of a full moon. A smile crept it's way on to my face as I looked around and saw so many wonderful flowers coming to life. Stealing myslef out of Logans arms I found myself walking towards the bright neon coloured petaks of the flowers. Some I recognized as roses and lilys only their colours were unlike something I've ever seen - some evn with patterns on them. The other flowers I didn't recognize, most were big, their petals falling at gracious angles and gave off a sad but yet beautiful vibe.

I walked closer to one plant seeing moment inside of it almost like it had an inner flower in the center. Wihin touching distance I reached out my hand but just before I could touch it the flower jumped up into rhe air and unfolded it's self. Now that I had a better look I could see it wasn't a flower at all but small person, it's shredded dress fading out into petals as well as it's fast beating wings.

The first thing that came to mind was a fairy like in the fairy tales at home but then I remembered that a fariy had in fact been what had tried to kill me in the underground. "Pixes?" I questioned not even turning around to face Logan. I kept my eyes on the pixy.

"They can usually be found around pretty flowers on the waters edge." He said in a deep husky tone that made me want turn back and look at him but I couldn't seem to move my eyes. He came up behind me, his hands wrapping around my waist and pulling me back to his chest.

"It's so beautiful." I muttered as I looked around, there were more pixes coming out of their hiding places in the flowers and flying over the lake almost like playing chase. The still water of the lake looked almost like a mirror, the dim moon light and the bright neon flowers shinning brightly. It was breath taking.

"No one really comes here anymore so the pixes have the run of the place."

"Why?" I questioned wanting to know why no one would visit such a beautiful and glorious place.

"This lake is called the mirror of souls. They say that if you fall in your are transported to the land of the dead, if you drink the water you see the dead walking around, their unrested souls haunting thoes in which they loved."

"Do you believe it?" I asked as if his words and beliefs meant more to me then my own.

"I went swimming in there once, when I was a boy, I wanted to see my parents again. Swam all the way down to the bottom and back up again but saw nothing." His voice was soft and laced with the unshed tears of his loss that tugged at my heart.

I turned to face him. The sadness twinkling in his eyes. I wanted to make it better, I wanred to help but I didn't know how. Taking a deep breath I wrapped an arm around his neck and placed my other hand on his cheek, my thumb slowly stroking his skin gently in a soothing way. His eyes darkened in the dim lightning they appeared almost black and a small smile appeared on his lips.

I smiled back and leaned my head on his chest, my eyes watching the pixes fly past.

"How did they get a crazy idea like that?"

"Well a while ago people who had gone to the lake had started seeing ghost, I think the vale between the worlds was ripped open but people got scared. When someone dies your not supposed to see them again until you join the dead." He explained as if it were some bedtime story he was told as a child.