Chapter 8: The King of the Underground.

I followed closely behind Logan but after tripping on the flat surface of the pavement sidewalk Logan ended up gripping my hand in his, intertwining his fingers and pulling me after him. We got to the air strip where the plane was and the setting sun in the background making me slow down to appreciate the view.

“What?” Logan said noticing that I had stopped.

“I’m just looking at the view.” I quickly stuttered and shook my head clear.

He looked back at the sunset and paused for a minute before looking over at me, the look on his face said it all. We had to go.

I let him lead me over to the plane and saw everyone crowed around, each one looking furious. We got closer and Logan quickly dropped my hand before anyone could see anything. Kyle was leaning against the plane with his arms crossed over his chest, Lena held the ice pack to Conner’s face while Marco sat off the side tied up and gagged but still with a self-satisfied smile on his face.

Logan looked over at his brother and then over at Kyle.

“What? He wouldn’t shut up and Conner was about to skin him alive, I had no other choice.” He justified.

“Fine, everyone get in.” Logan said pushing me to the door and grabbing Marco’s arm helping him up.

“Logan we can’t…” Lena started to protest but was silenced by a frustrated Logan.

“We can’t what Lena?”

“Well if you let me talk. We can’t fly out now, it’s going to be dark soon and it’s not safe, plus Conner can't travel when his injured and you can’t get Britney and Marco back by yourself. We should stay here tonight and then leave in the morning.”

“I’m fine.” Conner persisted.

“No you’re not.” Lena said trying to defend him.

“Logan she’s right, we can’t fly in the night with the crazy winds and the storm that’s over the triangle, we can’t risk it.” Kyle said coming to his sister’s aid.

Logan nodded and then grabbed a hold of Marco before walking off headed for the exits of the airport. Lena and Conner followed them without question while I was left behind,opened mouthed and completely confused. With everyone occupied I could easily slip away but I couldn’t get home, I had no money, no passport and if I were to go to the police with this story something tells me they would put me in a mental institution.

“Come on sweet girl” Kyle said from behind me offering me his hand. I took it gratefully and smiled at him as we started walking off after the others.

We had made it out of the airport and were piling into taxi’s to take us to some part of town where Logan said he knew a place, I couldn’t stop myself shuttering at the thought of the this place since the last place we stayed at was spider infested and was worse than a sewer. Kyle said that we’d follow in another car since the other one was already full. The look exchanged between Logan and Kyle was one that could cut glass, but we continued anyways.

I looked over at Kyle and found the itch to bombard him questions return. Damn curiosity, it is literally going to be the death of me one day.

“Kyle can I ask you something?”

“Of course sweet girl”

“Do you know why Logan kidnapped me?”

He stopped and thought about it for a moment looking in deep thought “No, sorry. I’m not familiar with the Volucris plans.”