~ prologue ~

"William Patrick Gold! You promised me you'd rest up an hour ago, and here I find you cleaning!" A clear but disappointed voice could be heard from behind Will, causing him to instantly drop the cloth in his hand and carefully turn around to look at the owner of the voice.
"H-hey....?" He spoke uncertainly, a slight tinge of worry in his expression. The girl shook her head lightly, a small smile growing upon her face before she mumbled something to him and sat down in the office chair.

"Celia, you're seven months pregnant, there's no way on earth I'd let you bend down and risk forcing early labor just because I didn't clean up after my stream." Will spoke sternly, his voice laced with care. Celia simply scoffed playfully at Wills' sincerity and waddled off towards the living room, seeing as that was the only comfortable place she could be.

Celia was Will's best friend, and had been since secondary school. They met in year 8 under the big oak tree that inhabited most of the reading area when Celia had run up to Will and given him sixty-five pence. Will hadn't understood why the young girl had given him exactly 65p but accepted it gratefully before giving her a curious look.

"You looked a bit sad, sitting under this tree all alone. I thought that maybe if you'd bought yourself a Freddo after school you might feel a bit better." The girl spoke quietly, almost as if she was unsure of her prediction. Will just nodded and gave her a sweet little smile.

"Thank you." He said, the smile still evident on his dimpled cheeks, though it had gradually grown wider now. The girl giggled and waved him goodbye before running off to catch up with her friends.

After that day the two always seemed to find each other around school, wether it be passing each other on the way to a lesson, or meeting up at lunch. They could always be found together.

Many said they were destined to be platonic soulmates, and that's what they were - at least until Celia met Theo. Theo was and has been Celia's husband and number one supporter for three years now, both fairly young seeing as they were 26.

Will and Theo got along well, you could say they were good friends. The three currently lived together in a three bed flat, seeing as the third room was inhabited by Theo before he moved into Celia's room with her. The two met through love or host, and had been talking since then for half a year before deciding to date. A year afterwards, Theo proposed with utmost love and they soon got married another half a year later. Will was Celia's man of honour, mostly seeing as she didn't have many close female friends at the time and her family wasn't the greatest bunch to interact with. Will still took the role with pride once he was asked and made everything perfect, a dream come true for Celia's envisions.