Chapter 21

The journey to the hospital was surprisingly quicker than I thought it would be. Maybe the contractions sped up time? Either way i was now being hurriedly escorted to a room where i assumed they'd rip this baby out of me.

Of course it wouldn't be done so violently, but i'm sure it'd feel that way. To be completely honest with you, i'm more worried about Theo. He's absolutely terrified of blood, and i don't doubt that there'll be quite a bit during this.

"Hi there, Celia? I'm going to be your doctor for today seeing as Dr. Achana is unavailable right now. Is that okay?" A short, brunette man in scrubs spoke to me softly, he looked almost as disheartened as Alaeia. I nodded, this particular contraction was one of the most painful.

~

It's been around three hours, and i'm apparently six centimetres dilated. A nice nurse was happy enough to give me an epidural - to which i thanked her endlessly for. Not much has happened really, except the fact that Theo has fallen asleep and i've been staring at a plain wall for the past hour. Will texted me about two hours ago to let us know they were on their way, but nothing much has been said since. It's boring; waiting around. I want to meet my baby, but i'm not overly fond of the process that needs to commence to meet it.

The doctor that spoke to me earlier is actually a really nice guy. He's come in every half hour to make sure i'm alright so i'm guessing he doesn't have many patients to look after.

~

Alaeia pulled the car to a stop as we found ourselves in the hospital car park. We haven't spoken much since getting into the car, and i think i know why. For now though, i'll just believe that she's more focused on CeCe.

I followed closely behind her as we walked into the reception building and up to the front desk, watching as she spoke to nurse sitting there, with worry in her voice.

She looked so pretty despite having barely woken up. Her hair was poked up and her pyjamas still crinkled up at the arms. I didn't think it was possible for someone to be so gorgeous in every state but here i was, being proven perfectly wrong.

"Will?" She'd tapped my shoulder. "The lady said we can go look for CeCe's room."