Chapter 18

It had been a week since CeCe came over, and so far neither Wilbur nor Alaeia had seen or communicated with each other in any way. Alette had managed to rent a small flat close by with some money she had saved, she believed it was best for both sisters if there was space between them. Nothing had been bad about Alette's visit, but she believed it was better for her sister to have some time alone. Just for a little bit. I mean, she'd visit every other day to check in on her.

It was a Friday, and Alaeia had promised a stream, so once work was finished she'd pop in to the small Tesco's by her flat and grab some ingredients. She didn't know what she was going to make yet, she thought she might as well surprise chat. She called her chat her 'dough babies', a chatter had thought of the name a while ago and it just kind of stuck.

So here she was, sat in her spinny chair whilst staring at that same smudge on the wall, watching it taunt her. The day had been boring so far, hardly any work was to be done considering it was a Friday. Sure, her job was boring nonetheless, but sometimes you'd have Greg down the hall arguing on the phone to his wife - or Carol gossiping about her kids' friends' parents. Sure, it probably wasn't a form of amusement for them, but it gave Alaeia's curiosity to something to do.

A short 'buzz' from the table pulled her attention towards her phone. She flipped it so it was screen upwards and read the notification.

CECE <3

Hey sweets! Just wanted to let you know that I gave Wilbur...READ MORE

Couldn't hurt to at least read it, besides, it's not like they tell you off for going on your phone. If that was the case then Greg would've been sacked years ago.

CECE <3

Hey sweets! Just wanted to let you know that i gave Wilbur your phone number. Hope that's okay. I know I should've asked first but he seemed really persistent and I knew you probably wouldn't get the text until later seeing as you're rarely on your phone at work. Anyways, I'm coming over on Monday, I'm bringing some Eccles Cakes! Love ya <3

LEAFY <3
Hi CeCe, that's alright. I'm curious to know what he wants if I'm honest. Eccles Cakes sound amazing for Monday, I'll see you then! Love you more <3

Maybe I could try and make Eccles cakes on tonight's stream? I don't know, it might be a bit hard but I guess I can try.

~

"Hello my dough-babies! I'm sorry it's been so long. I thought I'd surprise you all with a special treat today!" I leaned towards the microphone and whispered into it, "I'm making Eccles cakes today."

Subs and follows were rolling in with happy responses in the chat, a few gifted subs were given too.

I moved away from the mic so i could talk in my usual soft-spoken voice for streams. I've tried doing asmr before as people have recommended making it, but I feel like my cosy baking streams are what I'm better at.

The ingredients were laid out on the counter in front of me, alongside my phone - that was on silent.

"Right, I should probably tell you guys that I have never made Eccles Cakes before..." I nervously grinned at the camera. "On the bright side though, I know how to make mince pies. So, if worse comes to worst, I can fix them into makeshift mince pies!"

Chat seemed to like that idea. A flood of positive comments overthrew the questions, but managed to help me pick out a certain user in my chat.

WilburSoot - your streams always make me feel safe y'know.

~

The vibration of my phone could be felt underneath my palm as I sat in a chair just left of the frame. I was waiting for the Eccles Cakes to be finished, so I decided a small and silly Q&A would keep chat entertained.

If I was honest, I could feel a sleep attack coming on. I'm trying my best to fight it, but I don't think it's going to help. If I do fall asleep, it'll be the first time I've ever done so on stream.

"I'll be back in a sec, chat." I mumbled as I got up slowly and shuffled towards the living room, grabbing a pillow and shuffling back into frame.

"Back."

Another vibration from my phone indicated another message. Sighing quietly, I opened the message.

Unknown
Hey, it's Wilbur. Celia gave me your number, sorry about that. I'm watching your stream and you don't look too good. Is there anything I can do to help? Would you like if I came over?

Sleepy the goblin
Hi Wilbur, it's fine. I feel like a sleep attack's coming on, and I'm trying to fight it because I don't want chat to freak out or those clip channels to take it out of context yk? You can come over if you want, I don't mind. :)
Read 21:32pm

I put chat into slow mode, with emote only on. The Eccles cakes were almost done, luckily enough.