Chapter 8

TW // mentions of catcalling, extremely drunk men.
The TW will be shown when it starts :)
Please read at your own risk <3

-

(Two Weeks since the stream at Celia's)

"I just don't get why you don't start working from home, it's more logical if you ask me." The sound of the usually snappy Celia rang through the phone.

"I just prefer being away from home, it makes life more fun in a way."

It had been two weeks since Alaeia had last streamed, since she had been to Celia's flat. Since she had last seen Will. For some reason, something about that strangely adorable boy irked her. It couldn't have been his kindness, or his understanding. It couldn't be anything about him, he was perfect. Too perfect.

The last two streams that Alaeia were supposed to stream had been missed seeing as she had fallen asleep right as she was about to go live, both times. She was unable to make up for either stream seeing as Friday evenings were the only available periods of time she had due to work and she would've prepared a stream for the coming weekend, but she was expecting the dreaded annual visit from her absolute twit of a father.

It was Saturday morning, bright and early at 6:30 am and Alaeia was having a good day so far, keep a mental note on the 'so far' bit. She had made the decision of walking to the local bakery on her street for some breakfast as an incoming call came from her best friend. This of course, led to the conversation of careers, to which Celia began questioning Alaeia's occupation choices.

"Look, leafy. I'm just saying that being a home worker is way cooler than you think - opinionated from a home worker, of course." The woman beamed, and even though Alaeia couldn't see her delighted friend, she could tell she was smiling brightly. Alaeia jokingly scoffed, "And I'm just saying that working from home sounds boring - opinionated from an outside of home worker." She replied, making sure to add on to her friends' statement.

"I'll call you when I'm on my break at work, okay? I'm at the bakery now." Celia simply said goodbye to this and hung up after an exchange of the regular 'love you, bye' to one another.

The roaming smell of freshly baked goods filled Alaeia's nostrils as she stepped into the homely bakery and wandered towards the short line. It was usually quiet whenever she got there early, and today was just like any other - except as she scanned the mediumly-sized room, she became largely aware of the tall brunette sat in the far left corner booth who seemed to be contentedly reading a book. The brunette however, was too engrossed in his book to notice the continually paranoid girl standing patiently in the line he had recently left.

He only lost focus and looked at the girl as he heard that same adorably contagious laugh he had heard so many times before. You see, during the two weeks he hadn't seen her, he had taken his time and used it to watch every VOD on her twitch once he practically begged Celia for her friends' twitch username. I know, it sounded quite strange, but to him, she was like a drug. His own personal brand of Heroin. Her laugh made him smile in a way he never thought he could, her smile and tired eyes made him want to continuously hug her and tell her she deserved the world. Everything about her just pulled him in, it even gave him a funny feeling whenever she was mentioned.

By the time he had regained his focus, he'd realised that the girl was now stood in front of him, smiling brightly. Her eyes shone with a curious glint, something Will carefully had taken note of the same as last time. He noticed that most of her emotions could be seen through the look in her eyes, this was of course mostly discovered through VOD bingeing.