Chapter 20

It was getting late, and Will had been sat on Alaeia's couch for around two hours now. She had fallen asleep on his lap as he played with her hair, he wasn't sure how to feel about it. He liked doing it, sure, but he disliked the fact that she would surely be uncomfortable with it as she woke up.

Maybe she would be okay with it- surely it was a mistake, right? He didn't mean to subconsciously brush his hand through her hair as he scrolled on twitter, just like he didn't mean to fall in love with her.

The cluster of blankets draped over the two, wrinkled slightly as Alaeia shuffled a bit, a small mumble escaping her lips as she did so. The movement startled Will slightly, causing his gaze to fall over the face resting on his lap.

She looked adorable, all nestled up in the blanket.

~

The pair were snoring in time as they sprawled out on the couch, the girl now taking place on top of Will's chest whilst the boy acted as a pillow for her, arms loosely placed upon her back in an attempt to cuddle her as they slept. If anyone saw this, they'd want to leave them be in hopes of the adorable couple to stay peaceful, Will's phone had other plans.

A sharp ring of the phone awoke the two abruptly, leaving them to both fall off the couch in a blanketed clump from the shock. Wilbur frantically grabbed the phone and answered the incoming call, not bothering to check the Caller ID.

"Hello?" he answered, the sleepy voice dragging along his speech.

"Hi Will, it's Theo. Celia's gone into labour."

Alaeia jumped up at this, only to quickly fall back into the swamp of blankets as the dizziness overtook. She eventually pulled herself up and ran towards her bedroom before shoving on an oversized jumper and her blue converse. Will had just pulled on his own shoes and grabbed his jacket before meeting Alaeia at the front door, telling Theo that they would be there soon and ending the call.

Alaeia grabbed her keys and led Will to her car after she locked the door, she knew he still couldn't drive at his ripe old age of 23 so she opted to be safer and drive.

"How far along even is she?" Will eventually piped up as we turned the corner of the street.

"Around eight and a half months i think, she told me she was a week away from her ninth the other day. Either way, this baby is very early." She replied, not once looking at him out of embarrassment. He hummed in acknowledgement and gratefully returned to silence. Although her voice remained calm, her mind was on high alert, it was as if the only remaining braincell had pulled the fire alarm and was going batshit crazy. Thankfully enough, the phone call that woke them up hadn't given them enough time to process where they woke up, so they left it alone. What neither of them had realised was the fact that it was their only thought at the moment. Celia was only a side thought for them for now.

The radio quietly played Still A Friend by The Backseat Lovers as the pair sat in silence, sighing as they came to a red light.

Will tapped his foot in time with the music as Alaeia subtly hummed the words. It was her favourite song at the moment, and she found it hard to not sing along, even if she did so quietly. Wilbur took notice of her voice mumbling the words, and turned to see her eyes solely focused on the traffic light whilst her lips moved to form the lyrics. He'd only realised that it was actually dark outside as he looked at the now yellow light, deciding on checking his phone for the time.

3:45am