Chapter 19

A swift knock on the front door interrupted my signing off to chat.
"That should be all this week, my doughbabies. Remember, I love you with all my heart and you deserve the world! Bye my loves!"

I raided a smaller streamer and turned off my setup, before going to open the door. I'd managed to speed up the rest of the stream and cut it slightly short so I could at least try and prevent an online-visualised sleep attack.

Wilbur was stood outside, his head almost hitting the doorframe as he leant against it. His hair was in its usual state, but it looked somehow fluffier now. He was wearing a navy knitted jumper with a pair of black jeans underneath a beige coat. His glasses were still sat upon the crook of his nose as they did the last time they saw each other, he looked familiar ; like he'd worn something similar to this once before.

"Hey, sleepy. It's been a while."

~

I was sat on her couch, watching adventure time as she was sound asleep on my shoulder. I'd managed to convince her earlier that letting the sleep attack just happen would probably do her a lot better than trying to prevent it. It worked, thankfully, and it led to her resting against me for support as she slept. I won't lie, she's cute when she sleeps - in a non creepy way, of course.

Her little nose twitches every few minutes as she softly snores, her eyes remaining closed as she snuggles into me further. A couple minutes go by of just me enjoying her company and watching the show before Alaeia snuggles even further into me again, smiling slightly as she does so.

"You smell nice." She mumbles, the vibrations of her voice echoing throughout my side.
"Thanks, I got my selected scent from a good friend." I smiled. About a month ago, we'd gone walking around a new shopping centre. Halfway through walking around it all, we stopped by a scent shop. Alaeia dragged me into it and we each did an online quiz that tells us what scents would most suit us. Mine was grounded coffee with freshly cut grass mixed with hints of fresh parchment paper, while hers was honey and old vinyls, with notes of Shea butter.

I think it was safe to say that we both suited them.

"How long was i out?" She asks me, lifting herself off me and adjusting her position to be more comfortable.

"About an hour, don't worry. Is it alright if we talk?"

~

(Original- Wilbur ; Italics- Alaeia)

"I know we haven't spoken since we went to the club, and I think I know why. I'm not quite sure it's what i think it is, though. Before we end up having a repeat of the last few days, I'd like to just talk."

"We can talk, we're mature adults. Aren't we?" She tilted her head jokingly, smiling at me. I sighed, smiling back in defeat as I moved myself into a more comfortable position.

~

"I didn't mean to run away afterwards, I was kind of shocked I'd even asked in the first place. I mean, you are very attractive to me - in a way that isn't weird. I just...I don't know why I asked at that moment. I'm sorry if it made us awkward." Wilbur spoke, sincerity lacing his voice as he said the words he recited.

"It's okay, honestly. If I'm being truthful, I kind of...liked it? I don't know. It's hard to put how I feel into words, you know?" He nodded, a small smile spreading across his lips. The two sat quietly as they stared towards the ongoing tv show, hoping that they could return to their happy friendship.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi! It's been a while since I last wrote, and I apologise for that. We hit 1k reads! Woo! Thank you so so much for all the support you've shown on this book, I appreciate it more than you could imagine.

If I'm going to be honest, I've had a tough month so far, I've lost a couple family members and struggled with school. My mental health is okay on some days, others not so much. I don't really like sharing too much about my problems because I know others have it worse than me, but it doesn't mean I should downplay everything that happens because then I'd just be living an unhappy life.

This chapter is pretty much a filler as it doesn't have much in it, I just wanted to be able to get Alaeia and Wilburs' make-up written down so I could focus on the upcoming chapters. If you are one of those (like me) who come and check every day to see if a new chapter of a book they're reading has been uploaded, don't worry! I have a little surprise coming up!

I appreciate every one of you, take care of yourselves and be kind <3

lots of love,
            lils <3