にじゅうよん

niijuuyyon

twenty-four

Walking through hell for so long, it felt good to hold a tangible piece of Heaven. Her scent was an aphrodisiac, patchouli, and vanilla. There all over, it whet my appetite. Soft and supple, she felt so good under my fingers. Like a starving, dying man I salivated for sustenance that only she could provide.

***

"What are you doing here?" She'd lifted her hands to wipe still falling tears.

"It's too long of a story to share here." Sniffing, she sighed.

"I'm about done here anyway." His gaze on her was intense as ever and she felt her cheeks grow warm.

"Where are you staying?" He asked, watching as she removed his coat from around her shoulders.

"Where are you staying?" She mirrored, handing it back to him.

"Answer the goddamn question, Bea." Chuckling, she pursed her lips.

"Some Colored hotel you wouldn't know the name to."

"Then come back with me. Have a drink with me." Turning slightly, she turned her head away from him.

"I don't think that's a wise decision."

"No?"

"You know what will happen if I go back with you." He couldn't resist himself and pulled her into his arms, his lips now against her vanilla-flavored skin.

"What will happen and what you want to happen are two different things." He heard her unsteady inhale of breath as he brushed his lips up into her hair.

"What will happen is you share a drink with me as I've asked. We'll talk." He neared her ear now and it took everything in him not to sink his teeth into her earlobe.

"What do you want to happen after that, Bea?" She turned in his arms, her gorgeous almond-shaped eyes shiny with tears and dark with a growing desire.

"There's eyes on us. Back up."

"No."

"For God's sake," Slightly pushing him back, she fixed her hair that hadn't been out of place, the plentiful thick strands tied up away from her neck with a matching ribbon the same color as her dress.

"If you want, you can come with me. I'm about to leave."

"Acceptable."

"Okay then. Let's go." She tried walking past him but he caught her hand, causing her to stop. She let him entwine their fingers and bring her hand up to his mouth to kiss. She took her time slipping her fingers away from his and entered back into the fray.