Part 7 Ricky Returns

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ricky Returns

That evening was Patty's turn to visit club Eternity . He messaged Avi asking him to join him and the reply came swiftly .

'Yes ! I don't have surgery tomorrow . See you there . xo . '

Patty replied in seconds , ' I can't get you out of my mind . Shona , I can't wait to hold you , I want you so bad ! I can't wait till tonight . ILU, ILU , my King ! xo ' .

Avi read the message and snorted . Patty's over the top expressions of love both delighted and discomfited him . He was unused to such open adoration .

Avi's plan to have a date with his lover in his favorite spot almost got derailed . He got a message which brought him right back down to earth .

'I'm back . I'll come over to your place tonight . ' it was from Ritwik Sinha aka Ricky .

His long uncelebrated closeted boyfriend . Ricky had gone so far back into the closet that he'd reached Narnia , thought Avi wryly .

Someone whose very existence Avi had forgotten about, from the moment his eyes fell on Patty , loomed large now. He sat back with a sigh . He'd have to meet him .

" No matter how lousy he was to me , he deserves a proper closure . I'll have to meet him and break up with him in person . I can't do it over the phone no matter how tempting that may be . ' Avi told himself .

He was sorely sorely tempted to message back , ' Thanks but no thanks .'

But instead he messaged , ' I can't meet you at the flat . Let's meet for a coffee . I have to work tonight .' hoping that he'll accept . He didn't want to drag this on . He wanted to gently but firmly cut this guy loose . The days when he waited around for him to turn up at his apartment for booty calls were long gone .

They met at a local café near the hospital .

Ricky looked good . A bit tanned and slightly bulkier than when they'd last met at his reception . The memory of Ricky dressed as the groom in a splendid sherwani loomed in Avi's mind .

He felt resentful . He felt quite angry with himself for going along with Ricky , pretending to be his friend , being present at every function of his wedding ceremony , running around playing the faithful best buddy .

Rick's entire extended family came to know him by the end of it . They got used to calling him to run errands for them .

' Avi , go get the sweets , Avi go get the flowers , they haven't arrived yet ..' the memory brought up bile . He forced himself to think of something else to calm down and the image of Patty sitting at his dining table with his hair in a messy topknot , frowning over his laptop came into his mind . He took a deep breath , back on even kilter again .

He nodded at Ricky and ordered coffee for them both .

He'd be brief .

'God ! You look so hot in that black shirt ! Why can't you change your schedule ? Let's go back to your place . ' Ricky said smiling at him , a familiar look in his eyes .