Part 15 Dadua's Weirdness

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Dadua and his Weirdness.

The next morning Patty woke up at 5 am out of habit .

He sauntered around the apartment while Avi made some tea .

Then he sat looking through Avi's childhood photos.

Dadua woke up around 6 am . Avi brought him a buttered toast . Breakfast in this household was a late affair , so morning tea was always had with some toasts .

Avi sat chatting with Dadua while the old man munched on his toast after dipping it in his tea . He hadn't put in his dentures yet .

Most of the toast turned soggy and fell into the tea as was the norm , turning the tea into a buttery , bready soup .

Avi smiled at this familiar sight and asked, 'how are you feeling today ? ' 

'I'm feeling just fine . Your Baba always overreacts . There was nothing wrong with me . ' Dadua said grumpily .

He started on his catalog of complaints .

'Staying in that hospital stay could have killed me . I hated the cold room . I don't understand why they keep people half frozen in hospitals . And there was somebody crying in the next room the whole night . I couldn't get any sleep .'

' Dadua , cold minimizes chances of bacterial growth . It's necessary to keep hospitals cold because there are so many nasty bacterium floating about there . I'm sorry you had to suffer like that . But now you're home . And we got a thorough check up done and have a very clear picture of the state of your health . So that's one positive isn't it ? '

'Hmp. ' came the bad tempered response .

' Umm , Dadua , do you remember the friend I told you about ? ' Avi wanted to introduce his boyfriend to his grandfather even though he couldn't say so . He wanted these two important people in his life to know each other . He needed his Dadua to give his approval for his choice and show off his Patty to him .

'Who ? ' asked the old man .

' My good friend , Pratik . He's here , would you like to meet him ? ' Avi asked .

'Sure , why not . But I just drank tea . I'll feel the pressure soon . Let me finish with the shitting and get fresh . Afterwards you may bring him to me . We'll have a nice long chat . Today's Sunday right ? Aloo paratha day . ' Dadua said humming tunelessly .

'No dadua , we are all getting older . No more fried parathas for us . Plain chapatti perhaps . ' Avi said , trying to be diplomatic .

'It's that young fellow's doing . I know . Kept on and on about my diet . Called me dadu too . That asshole . Who's his dadu ? Not me ! ' Dadua's reply was loud and clear .

'Dadua ! He's a good friend of mine and an excellent doctor ! Please no more foul language ! Ma will be shocked . ' Avi said laughing .

' Hmp , your ma is no better . Do you know what she fed me yesterday ? The water of chicken stew . No chicken , just the bloody water . I'd rather die than live eating this shit . ' pat came the old man's response .