Part 10 The Drama Begins

Chapter 11

The Drama Begins ...

That night when Avi arrived home , he found Ricky sitting on the stairs waiting for him .

'Ah hi Avi . Sorry about yesterday . I didn't mean to barge in on you like that .'

' I didn't expect that you'd move on so quickly . Was I so dispensable to you ? The moment I left town you started cruising ? '

Avi exhaled tiredly . He was not in the mood for this .

'Yes , well , I waited for a commitment from you for a year . And it never happened , did it ? You got married instead !!'

Avi gave a tired look at Ricky and spoke on , ' Look Ricky , our expiry date had arrived . We were not meant to be .'

He shrugged and went on .

' Your wedding was the final nail in the coffin . But our relationship was dead anyway . We want very different things in life . Our life goals never converged . Do you understand ? ' 

Avi was trying his best to be polite . He was well aware that as the person dumping Ricky so unceremoniously , he owed him some patience if not tolerance .

But Ricky's 'bot' comment still rang in his ears , rankling .

' Ok . If you say so . I never hid anything from you . I always told you that this is me . This is all you'll get .' Ricky said with a grimace and a shrug .

'Yes , you did . But did I ever agree to such an arrangement ? Did I ever say that I'll settle for this and never ask for more ? ... Avi said and then lifted his palms up trying to stop this conversation .

' See , we're just going around in circles . This is pointless . As I said before , our paths never converged , So it's time to accept it and go our separate ways . You with your partner and me with mine . '

' You know fucking well enough that she's not my partner . She's just a façade . ' came Ricky 's quick reply .

'No Ricky . She's a beloved daughter to her parents , a respectable and decent human being and your wife . She's not a façade . She's a person . Now if you'll excuse me , I need to go home . I've had a very long day and i feel pretty tired . Goodnight .'

"Please fuck off from my life and never return . " he added internally ..

'Avi , please let me in for 5 mins . Just 5 mins . I've been sitting here waiting for you since 8.30 and seriously need to pee . ' Ricky said with a pathetic smile on his face .

Avi nodded. ' Ok fine . Come in . But just to pee . Ok ? I'm tired and don't wanna talk any more . '

He opened the door and let Ricky inside . Once inside the vestibule , Ricky leapt forward and hugged Avi tightly and tried to kiss him . The force of his lunge disbalanced Avi and made him nearly fall down .

He moved his head away, desperately trying to regain his balance while avoiding Ricky's mouth.

'She's pregnant . I managed to knock her up . Now if it's a boy then that's it . I could lead my own life . My parents will never question me again . Avi , please Avi , come back to me . I love you . I love you so much . I'll leave her , I promise . I'll get a divorce if you want . Please, just give me a chance! ' Ricky panted out , his lips in a pout , still trying to kiss Avi .

Patty came out of the loo, dripping water, with just a towel wrapped around his waist . He stood there with his mouth agape , trying to make sense of the spectacle in front of him .

Avi shouted out , finally crossing the limit of his patience , 'RICKY ! Get off , you idiot ! Doing this is not going to help you . You just spoilt any chances we had of being friends . Now just fuck off !'' Get out , right now . I can't stand you any more .' He pushed Ricky away and Ricky jolted back on his heels .