Part 26 Chronicles of adipur , The Proposal and Love's Iteration .

Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Adipur

When the party finished it was 2.30am .

For the elders , the night was over . It was Shashti morning . They went downstairs to bathe and get ready . Soon the people from the village will arrive to carry the idol into the temple premises. A large dais has been built for it separately . The old temple wasn't strong enough to withstand the foorfalls of 1000s of devotees .

Avi and Patty didn't have any particular duties for the pujas . They went back to their room and crashed , heaving sighs of relief .

The household was up and about as if just woken up from a refreshing sleep . 

The following days were a blur for the guys . So much activity , so many beautiful moments , so many intense emotions were packed in these few days that it would take them some time to process through them all .

Vijayadashami arrived and brought with it a wave of depression . People had started crying right from the morning . They were hugging each other and crying as if they were in mourning. This was not only the last day of the puja . It was also the penultimate day of the family gathering as well . The next day , the family will leave . One by one , they'll all return to their real lives . This dreamlike state of unity , would be over .

The idol was carried down to the river side . All the family members helped carry the idol in turns . They waded into the shallow edge of the Pali river , carrying the idols that they prayed to for the past week and slowly lowered it into the water . They said their goodbyes as millions have done in the past and would continue to do , in the future .

....................................................................................................................................

Chapter 31

The proposal

The next morning the guys went out for a morning walk . Patty saw a wonderful field of catkins he hadn't noticed before .

He called Avi over to him and they walked into it . It felt as if they'd walked into a bank of white clouds . The catkins were in full bloom , gorgeous , pure white . They rose up proudly swaying in the cool autumn wind , as if waving at the clear light blue sky . They walked hand in hand through a small lane in the middle of the towering flowers and came upon a little clearing . Smiling at each other they sat down .

The place caccooned them as if they were wrapped in cotton wool . They lay down and looked up at the sky . They could see a pair of eagles circling high above them , their dark forms were silhouetted against the bright blue sky .

Patty turned to Avi .

He was lying with his eyes half closed .

'Sleepy ? '

' Hmmmm ? No . Just relaxing . ' said Avi .

Patty pulled out a small box from his pocket .

He'd been carrying this around for the past few weeks , waiting for the perfect moment . He got up and kneeled in front of Avi .