Part 13 Ricky's Riot

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

When Ricky decided to notch up him game.

Ricky showed up at the hospital .

Avi's receptionist got a call from the hospital reception that he had a guest .

He was swamped and in no position to entertain but when after half an hour she called him again and said that the man was still waiting , Avi got up to check who it could be .

He knew that Patty and his parents had left already . He'd spoken with them earlier .

He went down and to his great annoyance saw that Ricky was sitting there .

He bought 2 coffees and went over to sit down next to him .

' I have exactly 5 minutes to spare . So please be quick . What are you doing here at my work place ? '

'Sorry , I didn't know what else to do . What can I do? That fellow's always hanging around your place . I wanted to speak to you privately . Did he tell you that we spoke yesterday ? '

'Is that what you came here to tell me ? ' Avi snapped at Ricky , frowning furiously . He wasn't in any mood to placate Ricky . His patience towards him was hanging by a thread .

'This guy is so fucking jobless . What's your deal with him ? Is he your pencil warmer , fuckboi or what ? '

Avi gave a sardonic snort , not bothering to answer him .

Doggedly Ricky went on ... ' he told me that he's a bum and you're his career .'

With a long suffering sigh Avi spoke up . ' Ricky , do you realize that we are broken up ? When one of a pair says he's out of the relationship , it's over between 2 people . Do you understand that ? I don't need to answer to you about anything . What my deal is with my boyfriend is none of your business . '

He mustered up all his energy to continue ,

' Look , today , you are here interrogating me about him . '

' Do you know how He spent the day ?'

' This guy helped my parents look after my grandfather who's admitted here right now .'

' Patty was here , taking care of everything while I was working . Because that's the kind of person he is . And that's the kind of person I want in my life .'

'Oh I'm sorry that your granddad is sick !' Ricky said in a rush .

Avi paid no heed and continued talking .

' Do you remember last August when my grandfather had a stroke ? I tried to reach you . And what did you tell me ? You told me that you're busy .... that it's no big deal ...... he's an old man and these things happen .... right ? '

'Do I need to say anything more? ' Avi stopped and stared at Ricky coldly .

But Ricky wasn't giving up .