1. Xie Lian's birthday

Being reminded his birthday was coming, Xie Lian was having mixed feelings about it.

"Gege, just tell me what you'd like to do", Hua Cheng asked, during his calligraphy practice at Qiandeng Temple, under Xie Lian's supervision.

As The Crown Prince of XianLe, his birthday was a big deal indeed, to be celebrated by the whole kingdom with pomp and circumstance. It was a holiday with much fun and games, music and dancing, government officials even distributing food and drinks so everybody could rejoice in another year of life for their darling crown prince.

After his first and second banishments and his time roaming around the mortal realm, he settled with indifference: he never forgot it, because with scrap collecting, he was still in touch with people, not losing the count of days. But he didn't really spare a thought about it; he came to think there was some unknown reason for him to be still living, and he saw it in an unaffected and detached way.

"Whatever you want", Hua Cheng added confidently, while blowing at the ink to dry.

With Hua Cheng's personality, he'd certainly want to go back to the old XianLe ways, possibly with even more lavish celebrations, and his subjects, Ghost City's ghosts and monsters, were all the more willing – probably having already started to make crazy and chaotic preparations.

Xie Lian didn't have the heart to tell him. "Never mind San Lang. It's impossible, even for you".

Hua Cheng replied, "Nothing's impossible. The word itself says, I'm possible". He then smiled and winked, "Leave it with me Gege".

Now Xie Lian truly didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thanks for reading and being here celebrating His Highness's birthday! ❤️

Read on, and don't forget to vote, comment, follow me...