10. See no evil, hear no evil

Heaven's Eye approached them, and did a palm hold fist, slightly bowing his head to Xie Lian, this gesture being a salute from one master to another, and not minding Hua Cheng by his side.

"Daozhang, we've been gathering fellow monks and cultivators far and wide to come and sing praises to you on your birthday!", he said, and looked around, adding, "Even though your shrine reeks with the essence of evil..."

Xie Lian's breath hitched; not that again! He better not start pointing the essence of evil on Xie Lian's body either, otherwise –

"Give evil nothing to oppose and it will disappear by itself", he concluded.

Another monk, wearing yellow robes and holding a spiritual staff, clapped his hands together in prayer, saying, "Amitabha Buddha, all things are empty: nothing is born, nothing dies, nothing is pure, nothing is stained, nothing increases and nothing decreases".

It seems Hua Cheng was right after all: these masters from several sects had indeed come in peace, out of a benevolent heart, and were even chanting sutras!

Besides, the monks and cultivators showed a rather friendly approach to the ghosts, monsters and beggars present, being already acquainted with them, so they just spread around the market, no doubt repeating that new mantra: eat, drink and be merry. 

This fic reeks of evil and I love it! 😜

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, comment, follow me...