5. Esteemed guests from the Royal Capital!

Xie Lian chose a temporary suspension of disbelief at that whole situation and went to answer the caller; opening the door of Puqi Shrine wide, he saw Shi Qingxuan, his poise and manners elegant and gracious: cupping his hands respectfully with a bright smile on his face, he enunciated formally,

"Your Highness The Crown Prince of XianLe, The Crown Prince Who Pleased The Gods! We came here to pay you our respects on the occasion of your birthday!"

"My Lord Wind Master!", Xie Lian exclaimed in delight.

Shi Qingxuan had brought along a few of his fellow beggars from Royal Capital who, with less elegant manners, rushed all around Xie Lian, hugging him and patting him on the back, crying, "Happy birthday Your Highness Daozhang!" and such.

Having met Xie Lian directing them to form a giant array and contain the human face disease at Royal Capital, they still saw him as a Cultivator, his title of Crown Prince being but a novelty. 

Xie Lian had twenty or so beggars hugging him, and at first was afraid Hua Cheng would be pissed off at them being too familiar, and turn them into daruma dolls. He shot him a look; Hua Cheng was listening to Feng Xin, and smiling! No doubt some embarrassing Xie Lian story...

After thoroughly complimenting him, the beggars went inside the shrine as a wave, ending in the kitchen.

"Daozhang! Word is out you're cooking something special!", they said, opening the pot to look at the 'Love For All Seasons' stew – which Xie Lian himself admitted didn't look that attractive.

"Oh? Lord Wind Master?", Xie Lian pulled Shi Qingxuan on the side, whispering, "Hum, how should I put it. My food... you know right?"

"Your Highness?"

"It's not fit for mortals", he blurted out; it was hard for him to say, but...

"Oh, Your Highness, please!", Shi Qingxuan pffted a laugh, "They're not mortals, they're beggars from Royal Capital! They can eat anything, everything is good, and they can't die, so...", and gave Xie Lian a bright reassuring smile.

"Still, you yourself when you had my food..."

"Ah, that, yes", he replied, waving his hand dismissively, "Your food is an acquired taste. I was somewhat limited at that time; can't wait for tonight's opportunity to try the very same 'Love For All Seasons' stew again!", he replied, then coming closer, added, "I heard Your Highness' dishes never taste the same twice. Isn't it pure skills?"

Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Anyway", Shi Qingxuan quickly added, "We're here to eat, drink and be merry..."

"Ol' Feng, Daozhang has only this one pot", the beggars called.

Xie Lian explained, "You see I was cooking only for San Lang and me and –"

"Not to worry Your Highness", Shi Qingxuan replied, "We can setup an open fire outside –" 

Shi Qingxuan is here, everybody! 😄

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, comment, follow me...