15. Birthday wishes are released to the skies on everlasting light lanterns

"Good timing Guoshi sir", Hua Cheng said, "It's time for Gege's birthday toast, we'd be most honoured if you led it!"

"Crimson Rain Sought Flower", he replied, "I'd be lying if I said I approved of you from the start. Not that His Highness has a bad taste, not at all", he added, giving Hua Cheng a once-over. He smiled modestly, and the Guoshi added, "That's better. That fake smile you had back then, so impolite!"

"Nevertheless", he continued, "I told His Highness that, man or woman it doesn't matter, as long as he himself is happy. And he is happy, he's the saviour to your Star of Solitude. So Crimson Rain Sought Flower!", he said, with large gestures at Hua Cheng, "I think you should lead the toast".

Xie Lian was amazed: Hua Cheng looked so touched, as if he was about to cry. It's not that he didn't show his feelings, only in normal circumstances he didn't show everyone. But then, since when were these normal circumstances? Xie Lian smiled tenderly, and walked to his side, tugging at his sleeve.

Seeing him, the Ghost King smiled, putting an arm around him, and said,

"This lowly ghost isn't learned, he doesn't know many nice poetic words to talk about Gege".

Xie Lian's eyes widened, hearing Hua Cheng being this humble and modest.

Hua Cheng looked at him and simply said, "Gege, you're my everything".

Xie Lian felt his face burning like crazy, and his eyes moistening. Really, he couldn't find anyone more sincere in this world than Hua Cheng! And he wasn't the only one affected by his words; everybody else seemed to be about to cry too.

"I've got something in my eye", Pei Ming said.

"Me too", Feng Xin said.

Hua Cheng continued, "How about everyone write their birthday wishes for Gege, releasing them to the skies on everlasting light lanterns?"

They all liked the idea, clapping and cheering madly in approval; suddenly lanterns and brushes appeared from who knows where, so everybody could write their blessings. Some of them made Xie Lian not knowing whether to laugh or cry:

Happy birthday! May you live to be a hundred years old.

'Hum, I'm well past 800, should count myself lucky I guess', he thought.

May you stay young forever! May you live as young as 18 years old every year.

'That's the case, haha, only, I'm 17 years old every year!', he smiled; his looks weren't bad either.

Happy birthday to you, wish you more and more beautiful.

Seeing this one, Hua Cheng commented, "Gege already gets more and more beautiful everyday".

Xie Lian laughed heartily, and couldn't help caressing Hua Cheng's face and kiss him on the cheek.

After half an incense time, everybody had released their lanterns, the night ending with a sea of lights floating over Puqi Shrine, the skies above covered by happy birthday wishes for Xie Lian!

祝您生日快乐,长命百岁

Happy birthday! May you live to be a hundred years old.

祝你生日快乐,年年十

Wish you a happy birthday, may you live as young as 18 years old every year.

祝你生日快乐,越来越靓

Happy birthday to you, wish you more and more beautiful.