chapter twenty-eight.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT 

( FIGHTING THE URGE TO DIE ) , drowning on dry land.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

JAMIE TRIED TO FIGHT. She really did. After falling into the water and trying to gasp for as much air as she could, she eventually stopped. She stopped fighting. She was cold and her legs stopped moving before she slowly sank to the bottom of the bay, taking her very last breath and losing consciousness.

Derek, who was still at the scene, doing everything he could for triage, still had a question in his mind; where was Jamie? "What do you got?" He asked a paramedic that was wheeling a patient on a gurney.

"Nearly severed leg but he had his artery tied off, so that's something."

"Yeah. Who tied off the artery?" He then looked at the coat the triage patient was wearing and saw a familiar badge. "Was it Dr. Jamie Grey? This is her jacket."

The paramedic only shrugged his shoulders. "We found him like this. She must have moved on."

Derek had an uneasy feeling in his stomach as the other said what he said. "Yeah, okay." It wasn't like Jamie to just move on like that. He looked around for a moment and saw the little girl who was with Jamie earlier that morning.

"Doc!" Someone yelled for him.

The attending tore his eyes off of the girl and approached the voice. "What is it?" He then looked down at the wound and nodded. "Just stabilize the fracture and get him to the hospital as soon as possible." That's when he was finally able to approach the girl. "Hey, are you okay? Did- did the doctor bring you here? Huh? Jamie? Is Jamie okay?"

He didn't receive a verbal response but rather a simple shake of the head, indicating that she was not okay.

grey's anatomy

Derek stood holding the little girl's hand, trying to locate where Jamie was. He kneeled down to her level as she started to tear up. "What? It's okay. Just think, which way is she? Which way, honey?" He used the same name, honey, which Jamie used as well.

The little girl looked around, trying her best to remember and look through everything else that was happening. "Take your time." Derek comforted her. "Take all the time you need, you're doing great..."

Suddenly the little girl took off in one direction and Derek took a minute to think before following her. He was led to the end of the platform, right by the water. He sighed loudly before kneeling next to her once more. "Okay. I need you to use your words, honey. Where exactly is Jamie?"

Fear was written on the girl's face before she finally pointed at the water. Directly at the water.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄