Coming Home

"Aw, thanks!" MK grinned cheekily.

..Needless to say, Y/n slept soundly that night after Mei had put some calming music over a pair of headphones.

...

"Y/n," Monkey King sighed softly at the sight of his daug-- roommate wallowing in sadness inside of her room that was smelling heavily like berries. The usual, signature spent she carried.

Y/n's phone lit up with the notification of a scheduled event of some sort.

"Y/n, I know it's today, but.. you should go and hang out with the gang." He offered softly. Y/n sniffled, rubbing her eyes as she stood from one of the shrines. She placed down her hair pin on top of it, blowing out a candle.

"Okay." She sighed. Monkey King frowned, pulling her into a hug. "It'll be fiiiine. It always is." Monkey King reassured. Y/n smiled, hugging his back. "Yeah." She whispered softly. "..It always is."

....

MK groaned, pressing the buttons harshly as it that'd make it work better.

Mei laughed, playing against MK. "Button mash all you want, MK! You'll never beat my Ancient Galloping Fury Power!" She smiled.

Sandy was watching, supporting MK on the sidelines. "Up smash, up smash!" He suggested quickly. MK growled a little in focus.

Y/b was perched on top of the arcade machine, looking over the edge and basically just chilling there as she watched her two best friends play against each other.

"It's trying, Sandy! I'm trying, okay!?" MK shouted, eyes still glued to the screen. Y/n smiled in amusement, hopping down from her spot on the machine. She turned into her bunny form, hopping onto Sandy's shoulder.

The water demon didn't mind one bit as he hugged Y/n's fun-size figure in a single hand. She sighed in content, shutting her e/c and galaxy eyes before her ear twitched. She opened an eye to see Mei walking off with her dragon-theme phone in hand.

She blocked out Mei's conversation out of politeness, hopping onto the controls as MK attempted to cheat. Y/n stuck out her tongue, moving the joystick and pressing buttons with her hind leg.

MK whined. "Aw, man! Not cool,
Y/n." He pouted, crossing his arms. The rabbit huffed, crossing her tiny arms as she retaliated. "Yeah, well, cheating isn't cool either! Yknow, part of being a hero is owning up to your mistakes, so just keep practicing combos instead of using cheap tricks, cheater!" Y/n suggested before bopping his nose and climbing onto his shoulder.

MK huffed and crossed his arms just as Mei walked back over. "Hey, you okay there, Mei?" Asked Sandy with concern lacing his giant but gentle voice.

MK and Y/n looked over with a newfound worry for thier green-themed friend.

"My parents-- they want me to house sit." Mei sighed.

"And that's a bad thing?" Asked Sandy. "No, my parents and I.. we--" Mei began before MK lit up and spoke.

Y/n felt a pang of slight envy. She smiled a little.

"Uh, did Mei say sleepover at her house??" Asked MK with eagerness. "What?" Asked Mei, "No, my parents would want--"

"Sleepover!" Cheered MK, "I've always wanted to see inside of Mei's secret Dragon House full of Secret dragon stuff!" MK gasped, "Come on, please? Please, please, please, please, please?" He begged.