Rabbit in the Night

♡&#>[-

♡♡◇

"𝘣𝔄𝖇a͜͡-"

♡◇◇
"🄼ᵏ--!"
◇◇◇
"ᵍ𝓾𝕪𝑠?"
◇◇

Yaaaaaawn~!

Y/n began to stir, blinking slowly. Her ears twitched.

She was in her pajama wear, as always when she awoke. The young girl hopped put of her bed, peeking out the window. The sun began to rise, but it was still dim. The candles weren't lit, allowing the only light source to be her ears and eyes.

"Good morning, your highness!" Greets a happy voice.

"Gengen!!" Cheers Y/n happily, leaping onto the soldier and hugging him tight. He doesn't even stumble as he catches her and hugs her back with a pat on her head. "Hello!" He says another greeting.

"My lady and your father are going to be out all day. Do you know what that means?" He asks. Y/n looks up at the ceiling in thought. "Uhm... Fun time?" She asks.

"Better!" He teases, placing her down and bending to her height. "Garden time."

"Garden time!!" She shouts excitedly. "Happy early birthday to me!" She giggles, running to her closet.

"I will get a maid to dress you, and tomorrow there will be a party in your favor. Isn't that lovely?"

"Mhmm!!" Y/n hums back, pulling out her traditional clothing of whites, purples, and blues.

"Come along, your highness! We have quite the schedule in order to prepare for your birthday!"

MK and Mei look at each other and then back at Tang-- who was.. apparently some Monk now?

"Grab him!" They cry, leaping forward only to be stopped by a stranger who offered the Monk a place to stay for the time being.

"Hey, Gengen," Y/n calls the General, "Will... Will Bàbà and Māmā be here?" She asks, eating her fruit next to a bed of flowers while the General stood next to her. "Why, of course, your highness."

Y/n lit up, popping another peach slice in her mouth. She smiles happily, small tail wagging behind her. "Okay." She chirps, "And- And well have cake right?"

"If that is what you desire, then I shall get the cooks to do so!" The General said, matching Y/n's energy. She giggles, standing up with a now-empty bowl of fruit. She rocks back and forth of her legs' paws excitedly, hopping up and down as she jogged towards the nearest maid. "Here you go!" She says kindly, handing the empty bowl over.

"Thank you for the snacks!" She says. "It's no problem," Answers the maid before a wash of cold flowed over her and goosebumps formed on her arms. The maid looks up to see the General behind Y/n with that eerie smile that Y/n viewed as neat.

"Your majesty." The maid hastily adds. "No problem, your majesty."

"Okay.. Bye, bye!" Calls Y/n, running off. As a younger child, she moved a little slower compared to when she would grow up.