In the Dark of the Night.

Y/n awoke the next morning to the sunrise gleaming through her window and the maid entering her room.

"Good morning, your highness. Happy Birthday." Greets the woman. Y/n looks at her, the rabbit's features droopy with grogginess. Her ears twitched at the sound of mourning doves and birds chirping outside her window before rubbing her eyes. She stretched, and midway through, she gasped.

"My birthday!!" She cheers. "My birthday!" Y/n repeats, hugging the maid. The maid laughs lightly, patting her head and placing Y/n down. She grabs the princess' formal wear, holding up the gorgeously colored hanfu. Y/n squeals, quickly undressing and the maid aiding her in changing into the garmet.

"Sandy?" Asks Pigsy, everyone else behind him as they spot the past version of the cat-loving friend-- Sha Wujing-- crying on the ground in a field of bones.

"..This isn't creepy at all." MK laughs nervously, Mei and himself clinging onto each other. Tang sticks close to his husband, his fancy gold staff clutched in his trembling hands. Mo hides in MK's jacket, peeking out with a nervous meow.

Y/n looks at herself in the mirror, fur swirling with purples and blues and stars. She giggles excitedly, running out the door to the dining room. As she passed the kitchen, the young girl gasped at all the food being prepared. She finally enters the dining room to see Nushi and Tùzhi already at the table. "Good morning, sweetheart." Nushi greets, a happy grin etched onto her face at Y/n's excitement.

Y/n hops into her seat, eyes aglow with awe at the stack of pancakes, fruit, and rich syrup on her plate. She digs in with a fork, inevitably getting syrup all over her face. Tùzhi let's out a hearty laugh at her silly antics.

"Hey, papie, mama," Begins Y/n, swallowing the food in her mouth, "Can we invite all the people?" She asks.

"Even the lower class?" She asks eagerly for her 6,000th birthday, "I want them to have cake, too." She hums. Tùzhi looks to Nushi with raised brows and a shrug. Nushi nods. "I don't see the problem there, honey." She answers. Tùzhi nods. "We'll invite only the good people and families, okay?" Asks Tùzhi.

Y/n nods. Bad people don't deserve cake anyways!! She thinks confidently, placing another strawberry slice in her mouth with the fluffy pancakes.

"General." Calls Nushi, clapping her hands. The army man appears from seemingly nowhere, making Tùzhi and Y/n jump simultaneously. They'd never get used to how that guy got around so quickly-- even with their advanced smell and hearing.

The General bowed. "Yes, my lady?" Asks the ravenette. "Go and invite everyone who'd like to come to Y/n's party tonight-- only those without any bad doings on their record." Nushi demands. The General nods. "Of course, my lady." He replies before walking out.

Tùzhi laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "That guy always makes me nervous." He sighs. Y/n nods. "But GenGen is super nice, though! He got me a stuffie once." She says, finishing off her pancakes and moving onto her ice cream. Every year, it was tradition that the birthday person would have a bowl of their favorite ice cream after breakfast.

Y/n hummed happily, tail wagging as she watched the maids and servants decorate the dining hall, despite the fact that the townspeople and her family would be celebrating only in the ball room. "I'm real excited, cause I get super cool presents." She hums happily.