Skeleton Key

Y/n collapsed on the couch just as MK had arrived, giving Wukong an order. Y/n couldn't be bothered to ask what was going on as she entered a deep and peaceful sleep.

It was a good thing that that was a one-time event, ha.

..right?

....

"Another infernal obstacle keeping me from my destiny!" Snarled the enraged Demon Bull King. He had Ben irritated ever since that stupid rabbit had escaped, leaving them no easy way to access the tomb.

"Patience, my love." Said Princess Iron Fan, attempting to calm her irritated husband.

"I've been patient long enough- I need that power!!" He sneered.

"The power that crafted this tomb is beyond my skill," Explained PIF, "Without an artifact or creature of equal strength, there is nothing we can do. We're locked out." She sighed.

"Not for long!" Announced Red Son. "All we need is a key. Look what I found..."

The voices began to grow eager, whispering and hissing.

"Kill them." "Be free." "Let me free." "Do not contain it." "Bring me my child." "Harvest its abilities." "Harvest." "Power."

....

Y/n sighed, dressing for work. She slid on her letterman and leg wraps.

She stood and stretched, hopping out of her room while gnawing on a carrot. She blinked and waved at Wukong as she left.

"Be safe!" Called Wukong. "I will, Wu!" She called right back, heading out towards the edge of the waterfall. She leapt high in the air, turned into her rabbit form, and began to run towards the city named Megapolis.

....

Y/n hung her jacket and slid on a Pigsy's Noodle Shop dress shirt over her white one.

"Order up, Pigsy!" She called, pinning another order on the top of his oven. Eventually, they closed early for a fancy ceremony that Y/n had promised to meet up Mei and MK at. Apparently there's a very fancy key of some sort that MK is going to be getting.

Y/n quickly slid out of her work attire, waved a see you later to Pigsy, and met up with the others.

....

"Thank you, for this amazing turnout!" The Mayor called, Y/n shivering a little at his icy gaze.

Yeesh. He gives me creepy vibes.. She sighed sharply, shaking her head. Her ears twitched at his stranger voice, watching MK curiously.

"Woo-hoo! Let's hear it for Monkie Kid! Hero of the city!!" Mei cheered, making me laughed brightly.

"Yeah! Our most best savior!" Y/n announced her eager agreement.

"As mayor, I hereby give Monkie Kid the key to our fair city." Gifted the Mayor, handing a strange looking key to the teenager.

Y/n turned into her bunny form and clamored up to MK's shoulder, not really bothering tk take note of the Mayor's piercing gaze staring straight at her.

She sniffed at the key, sneezing a little and looking up. "Um, uh- What does this key do, exactly?" Asked MK.

Y/n hummed. "It smells funny." She commented.