The Winning Side

"I offer one more chance at redemption." Sneers the Lady Bone Demon, glaring down at Macaque.

"Otherwise, I cannot promise that your precious audience member makes it out of this unscathed." She threatens, making the shadow simian pale in fear.

Y/n giggled brightly, clapping as the Shadow Hero defeats the evil monster once again. "Yay!" She cheers, the hood over her head keeping her animalistic trails hidden.

Her starry e/c and purple hued eyes watch the mystical puppets flow around with ease, Macaque smiles at the young girl he knows shouldn't be here.

Otherwise a certain King might tear off the heads of every demon within 70 miles and demand for his kid.

The male creates one more puppet.

"As the Shadow Hero celebrates his victory, he hears the sound of a little girl crying." He speaks, a small girl with rabbit ears appearing in the corner of the lit up paper screen. Y/n gasps lightly.

"They spend the week together, and they grow close. They.. become friends, and help each other in more ways than one--"

However, as Macaque begins to move onto the next scene, a loud shout is heard.

"Carrots!?" Calls Monkey King's loud voice. "Carrots!"

Macaque dissapears in a swirl of dark smoke, making Y/n sneeze and look up at only her most favorite performer ever, only to find him gone.

He watches as the cloth of her head droops, signaling get dissapointment as her ears fell back in dismay.

"I want the King, his protégé, and the Rabbit. Am I clear?" Snarls the Bone Demon.

"Yes." Speaks Macaque, being given some form of compass. He looks at his reflection. "What is this?" He demands, reluctantly keeping back the extra snark he wants to add to his words.

"A guide. It will take you to wherever the boy and his friends are. Now go." She demands.

Macaque finds himself in a sandy desert, harsh winds spitting at him in anger with sand scraping at his fur.

"Find them, my Champion." The Lady Bone Demon had whispered, denying chills down his spine.

....

Y/n grunts, hopping on top of the foldable tent. "Go! Down! Already!" She grunted, bodyslamming it only for the stupid thing to spring back up and around her. Or, more specifically, the skeleton of the tent sprang up and the fabric encased her. She shouted in anger, thrashing around and getting stuck in the stupid thin layer.

"Mei! MK!" She calls in defeat, Mei laughing and filming the entire thing. She pocketed her phone, walking over and lifting Y/n out of her prison of tent fabric. MK-- somehow-- manages to pack up the tent with help from Tang. Aka, Tang telling MK what to do and the boy following instructions.

Mei patted Y/n's shoulder. "How about some training?" She offers. MK and Y/n lit up simultaneously. "Yes!" They cheer happily, running off faster than Pigsy could shout.

MK was busy rambling, frustrated at how he was as powerless as a baby, if not even more so. Y/n focused on creating a plasma ball, hissing as her palm heated up too much. She waved around her smoking hand before turning towards Mei. Mei gave her a thumbs up and Y/n's tail wagged a little.