Cops and Devils.

I don't own Dropkick On My Devil.

Today is a day for studying for exams. Something that Yurine and Hotaru take seriously. Unlike the days of their primary and high school youth, both friends have entirely different classes. The only exception is that they share the same calculus class. As they both have their separate struggles, they sometimes study together for this subject at Yurine's place. Since Jashin Chan was out doing god knows what, it was the perfect opportunity to study in peace.

"Hey, Yurine, can you help me with this problem?" Hotaru asks as he taps his paper with his pencil.

Yurine leans in to look at the problem.

"That's a derivative problem, you know how to do that. It's right here in your notes." Yurine answers.

"I know that much, I'm just trying to find out which method I should use." Hotaru clarifies.

"Use sin and tan." Yurine said, pushing a calculator to him. "Have a calculator."

Hotaru sighs and takes the device and attempts to continue his studying. After a few minutes of studying, it became Yurine's turn to hit a stump.

"Hey, how do you find the critical points for this graph?" Yurine asks. "I got it set up, but I'm lost at this point."

"You're thinking too hard." Hotaru said, pointing at the problem. "The critical points are the ones where the derivative is zero."

Yurine nods and re-reads the problem. Her eyes lit up in realization.

"Huh, I was thinking too hard." Yurine said as she drew her graph out. "I wish I could take an easier math class. Math isn't my strong suit."

"Math in high school was so much easier." Hotaru said stretching. "Want me to make some tea?"

"Sure. There's some herbal tea bags on the upper left shelf." Yurine said.

Hotaru stands and cracks his back. He then walks off to make some tea. All of the sudden, Yurine gets a phone call which confuses her. It's an unknown number, but it has the town's area code.

"It's probably spam." Yurine sighs as she answers her cell phone.

"This is Yukari, an officer from the Banzaibashi Police station." said a voice from the other end.

"YURINE!!!"

"Hey, what are you doing?"

Yurine can hear Jashin Chan from the other end of the phone screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Are you Hanazono Yurine?" asks the officer.

"Yes?" Yurine answers hesitantly.

There was a slight scuffle before Yurine heard Jashin Chan crying.

"I GOT CAUGHT BY THE POLICE!" Jashin Chan screams.

.....

"Eh?"

"Excuse us."

"SAVE M.."

Click. Beep. Beep.

Hotaru couldn't tell what happened just by Yurine's simple answer 'yes' as he's still brewing tea. However, the familiar aura of anger and murderous intent has slowly formed since Yurine stopped talking. Hotaru carefully walks back to see that the pen in Yurine's hand has snapped in two.

Scary. Hotaru thought.

Hotaru sat next to Yurine who's oddly in a state of slight shock.

"Hey, what was that phone call about?" Hotaru asks. "Did someone send you an annoying spam?"